Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self-Harm Awareness Day Video

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey Everyone, 

From time to time The Mix creates video content for different things, usually to raise awareness about a certain issue.  We are looking for a group of people who might want to help us shape our video content by giving us some feedback.  

Our next video will be about Self-Harm Awareness Day which is coming up in March.  

We would love to hear your thoughts through out the production.  If your keen to let us know what you think on things like the main message, language, script and design then sign up here!  All we need right now is your email address and name.  We will email you at certain points throughout the creation of the video, and you can email back your thoughts.  

We have decided to do this over email rather than on the community for a number of reasons.  First, we don't want to publicly release the videos while they are still being created.  Secondly its important for people to be able to opt in and out.  Especially as for some people this topic may be triggering. 

Any questions let us know!

Thanks
Italia & The Team.   
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Tagged:

Comments

• ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    I'd really love to help with this, but I'm a bit worried about having to give my name and details. Is it possible to take part anonymously or via the messages on here? Or can we give a username instead of our real name? 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Are you looking for people who are aged under 25? Just wondered. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    the link doesnt work it just says "something went wrong"
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited January 2019
    Hey Everyone,

@Ariana thanks for bringing this up, sorry I hadn't considered it.  You don't have to give us your real name, just something we can call you by.  I have put this in a subtitle under the question now.  We do need an email address so we can send you the information, and for you to send us back your thoughts.  However we don't mind which email address you use. 

The age is just to make sure you are under 25, and so we can make sure we get a range of ages giving feedback.  We don't need your full date of birth, just how old you are when giving feedback.  @*BananaMonkey* we are looking for people to feedback that are around 25 or under, its okay for people who are a year or two older to take part :) 

@Jellyelephant try this link https://bit.ly/2RNq0SX 

Does this feel a bit better?  Let us know if there is anything else we can do to make taking part more comfortable. 

Thanks
    Italia 
    Post edited by TheMix on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Thank you @The Mix. That does feel better, I'm going to sign up. :) 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    @The Mix I am waaaaay older than one or two years lol! No worries. :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all of you who signed up!  Just a note to say that you should get an email next week with a rough script for you to send us back your thoughts.  We are excited to hear what you think.

Any questions let me know, and if you are still thinking of signing up, it's not too late. :) 

--
    Italia

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

Hey Everyone, 

Just a heads up, we have lots of exciting stuff coming up next week.  Keep an eye out for some new threads & opportunities to have a say in this space, as well as the email about the vid!

Looking forward to chatting with you about it.

Italia & the team. 

Hi Everyone, 

Today you will receive an email from Scott (our video producer) with 3 scripts for the SHAD video.  We are really keen to hear your thoughts on them.   There is still time to sign up if you want to have a say in what the video looks like.  

A gentle reminder that self-harm can be a tough topic for some people, and if you have signed up but are not in the space today to read the scripts today, that's cool.  Feel free to ignore the email. 

Can't wait to hear your thoughts :) 

Italia & The Team. 

This discussion has been closed.