Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wanting cannabis/marijuana to be legalized in the UK

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello I am thinking about writing an email to my local MP because I would like for cannabis to finally be legalized in the UK for medical reasons as one of its benefits and also I would like to see it be legalized for other reasons I think and for the minimum age to smoke cannabis to be set at age 18 as we become adults at that age in this country for many other purposes so I don't see why it cannot be set at age 18 like most other countries have set it at that age and because of many other things having a minimum age of 18 too. Also we should all be allowed to make all types of decisions as adults who are age 18 or over like whether to smoke cannabis or not or do other stuff as no age restrictions should apply to adults either because age restrictions should only apply to children and teenagers who are underage. I really need some good advice please.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Criminalisation of drugs has been a failure. Lets fix this by starting with the decriminalisation of heroin.
    Weekender Offender 
    Drugs classification in the UK is a joke and has no basis in science in evidence.

Prohibition does not work. Far from actually being 'controlled substances' they are actually uncontrolled and on the black market, funding organised crime and terrorism. 

Decriminalise heroin, Legalise Cannabis, Mushrooms and Ecstasy,

Weekender Offender 
    CBD is psychoactive, it just doesn't produce the 'high' associated with Cannabis and as such is legal to buy.

Cannabis should be legalised. There is no good argument as to why it remains prohibited. 

Weekender Offender 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I definitely agree that it should be legalised, especially for medicinal use - I've seen so many stories of it helping people when other drugs have failed to with conditions such as epilepsy.

I also agree that if it were legalised for non-medicinal purposes, the minimum age to buy it should be at least 18. And I'm saying this as a 16 year old. And it should be regulated in a similar way to cigarettes - banned in public places etc. Personally I wouldn't want to have to be exposed to it constantly. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”