Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone around, wanna talk?

Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
Hey guys :) You don't have to respond of course lol, only if you're in the mood. I'm struggling and feeling down (as always), and would just like some company and to chat I guess. So, how's your day going? <3

Also I hope I chose the right category :lol:

Comments

• ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    I'm having a pretty down day too unfortunately, so not sure I'm going to be able to say much to lift you! But happy to keep you company in the dark. Hope others on here are having better days.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aw, sorry to hear that @Ariana. <3 Anything in particular up, or is it just general misery?
    I really struggle to leave the house more than once or twice a week because of my anxiety, so I just feel really lonely and isolated and like life is passing me by and I can't do anything normal or fun anymore. Makes me feel so hopeless and miserable.

What about you? Anything in particular getting you down?
    that sounds horrible for you :(

I don't think so, just the usual stuff for me haha. It's a shame the suffering's in my head and my consciousness is in my head and yet I can't control it :lol:
    Yeh.... our minds are strange like that. They don't always work in our favour.

It's like that ridiculous thing where people tell you that depression or mental illness is "just in your head".... Well of course it's in my head, but that doesn't mean I know how to fix it! 
    Haha, yeah, may as well say back pain is just in your back lol!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Heya Kathleen! I've had a cheeky day off today, I'm in tomorrow, but it's an easy 8-2 ;) Have you been up to much today? 
    Oh hello @Aurora! Nice to hear you had a day off, must be fun.

Not really tbh lol, I went on a long walk but otherwise I've just been sitting on the couch using my laptop really xD
    Oh hello @Aurora! Nice to hear you had a day off, must be fun.

Not really tbh lol, I went on a long walk but otherwise I've just been sitting on the couch using my laptop really xD
    Not fun, it was just chill really, I treated myself to some new boots as my old pair broke where the zip was, and  had a doctors appointment, but I wreckon early night for me tonight. 
    Do you work Kathleen? 
    Nice about the new boots, I need to get myself some new boots really as they're falling apart xD I hope your doctors appointment went well?
    Aurora said:
    Do you work Kathleen? 
    oh no lol, I'm too young really right now :)
    Yeah, doctors went well, only went in for repeat prescriptions, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? 
    Good haha.

I'm 14 - but in my mind I'm about 2 thousand? haha!
    Good haha.

I'm 14 - but in my mind I'm about 2 thousand? haha!
    Ah, I feel old now! Haha. I'm 22, but Im the opposite, in my mind I'm about 13! 
    Hahaha, well we've all got an inner child and an inner wise elderly person in us huh? :joy:
    Hahaha, well we've all got an inner child and an inner wise elderly person in us huh? :joy:
    Hahaha, I wish I had the inner elderly person. Do you use the mix chat? 
    Nah, I don't use it actually - I've considered it, but the times are a bit not-very-practical for me. They happen round 8-9:30pm don't they, and I'm usually spending time with my guinea pig round then! Have you got any pets?
    Nah, I don't use it actually - I've considered it, but the times are a bit not-very-practical for me. They happen round 8-9:30pm don't they, and I'm usually spending time with my guinea pig round then! Have you got any pets?
    I don't have any pets, no, I'm  not really an animal person, despite being vegan for three years in the past. I totally get where you're coming from, sometimes I wish they were earlier, but then, 8 is a good time, cause I finish work at 8, haha, but the days I'm off, I'm like 8 can't come quick enough. How many guinea pigs do you have? 
    Aw I used to keep guinea pigs @kathleen0172 Really sweet little creatures. Now we have two cats though, so no guinea pigs anymore. I really want to try the group chat at some point @Aurora but not sure how it works or how you join.
    Oh right ha! I just have one - her name's Ruby. Full name's Ruby Cutiepie McGuineaPig xD 

I used to have two as Ruby had a sister called Abby, but Abby very sadly suddenly died a couple years back... I hate talking about tbh. But she was beautiful :)
    Ariana said:
    Aw I used to keep guinea pigs @kathleen0172 Really sweet little creatures. Now we have two cats though, so no guinea pigs anymore. I really want to try the group chat at some point @Aurora but not sure how it works or how you join.
    aw cool @Ariana! Cats are lovely, I have a cat named Sooty, he's really handsome :)
    And as you can gather the cat and guinea pig are kept separate don't worry, haha!
    Haha, glad to hear that! Although the cat we had before was actually great with my guinea pig. The guinea pig was ginger and I think she thought he was some kind of strange smelling kitten! She used to come in a mew at us if we'd forgotten and left him out in his hutch in the garden after it had got dark so that we would come and bring him in.
    P.S. your guinea pig's full name is brilliant! 
    aw, that's sweet :grin: Do you have a favourite animal? I'm an animal-lover so I don't have one really haha

Thanks, I'll tell her you think that :lol:
    Ah that's so hard, because I'm an animal lover too! I think it would be a toss up between horses and cats. One of the only things I do sometimes get myself out the house for are riding lessons and I absolutely love it. Horses are amazing, they always make me feel better.
    Yeah, if I absolutely had to pick I'd probably go for cats. Horse riding lessons, that's awesome :)

Cats are great. Have you ever watched Simon's Cat videos on Youtube? They're so funny if you're a cat lover. 
    No I haven't, thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to watch some soon haha! Cats are hilarious. I found this video funny if you wanna check it out (if the link works :grin:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0cQyH023o