Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bud or self harm?

ShadowofusShadowofus Posts: 19 Settling in
edited November 2018 in Drink & Drugs
I only started smoking 'bud' a few months ago. I don't really know what it is. I just know I smoke it in a spliff. My first thought was if I smoked it would it reduce my self harming because I often self harm when I am not calm so instead of self-harming I could grab a spliff because they both give a calming affect. But I don't know which is worser self harming or smoking bud, what do you think? I know my mum would kill me if she ever knew I am smoking bud because it is illegal. So she would say self harming is better. I just want peoples perspective on this? Also if I smoke a lot of it I fall asleep and when I am feeling suicidal that is what is best so I dont act on my thoughts just a little something to send me to sleep so surely that is better than ending my own life?🤔 sorry might be really wierd questions lol

[edited by moderator]
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2018
    Hey

they both sound just as dangerous as each other:/. Does “Bud” mean weed? But drugs arent healthy. Im sure you know they cause lots of mental and phsical health effects. Like - halucinating can be dangerous sometimes & weed can put you in dangerous situations. And self harming is dangerous too. 

There are other alternatives that can give off the same affects in healthy way & better ways to cope.  Have you heard of shock alternative self harm? Its basically still kinda hurts but not harmful. Like holding tightly on ice - hurts but not harmful. Or maybe finding distractions can help with focusing on something else - tho realise thats hard.
     There is always some sort of cause for self harm & i think speaking to health professional sounds like more of an option than these too. As this only help short term. And as sometimes professionals can provide sedative sort of pills that you can take to feel sleepy. - as thats the sort of effect youre wanting from drugs?

sorry i know thats not answering your question. But they both are dangerous so dont really know how to answer it. 

But hope can stay safe & take care
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Smoking bud is less harmful, but self medicating is not advisable. I highly recommend seeking help from a doctor.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2018
    Skive said:
    Smoking bud is less harmful, but self medicating is not advisable. I highly recommend seeking help from a doctor.
    Drugs can make mental illnesses so much worse, esp depression. And then may end up self harming as well as taking drugs. And cause other psychotic illnesses. So if had to say one id say self harming as long as not doing it too dangerously. But yeah think def seek professional help
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    Skive said:
    Drugs can make mental illnesses so much worse, esp depression.

And some drugs can be effectively used to treat depression and mental health, though I'm not suggesting weed is one of them. The relationship between cannabis and depression is both complex and incomplete, with evidence that it can be beneficial and problematic mentally. Self medication is never the answer though. Physically speaking the level of harm is minimal, where as self harming will leave permanent physical damage and can be dangerous.

You shouldn't be using either as a mechanism for coping with mental health issues. 
    Weekender Offender