Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self soothing/Self care Boxes

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited November 2018 in Positivity Corner
Heyy,

so Its just basically a box you put things that help you calm down or just for when you need some self care. And i was wonderin we could all share things we have in our self soothing boxes, or if dont have a self soothing box maybe could share things that help you to help give others ideas. :)

id definelty recommend making your own one tho. 
Ive also came across this from other people who have used it called a Buddy Box. - can get a box with all sorts of self care and relaxing things to do each month or one off & you dunno what would get every month so even that is nice. Ive seen some of the stuff and looks quite nice. Im subscribed to Glossy box tho lol(a monthly makeup one) - i guess i could even count that as self care but definetly might swap for this. https://www.blurtitout.org/buddybox/ But yeah i just really wanted to share that as looks good & someone may find useful & can be for anyonee :)

I have a box that can help me calm down when anxiety gets bad or when i am feeling low. Though sometimes i forget i have it but I add new things quite a bit or change it. It mostly covers all my senses touch, taste, smell, hear and see. I have things like candles & hot choclate in it & blue tack & more i cant remember now. I know people have all sorts in it which help them are meanful to them or distracts them.  And pictures. And Like i even have a watch in it just because when i look at it - it reminds me to be in the here and now - not thinking about the past and future which is quite calming when most of your stresses obviously come from thinking about the past or future and is good to just think of literally now. 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Think gunna buy a rubiks cube to put in it. For distraction. 🙂though i feel like that could possibly get stressful ha but would be putting stress in something else
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I have a self soothe box. This is what I have in it:
    - puzzle book
    - face masks
    - sweets
    - skincare products
    - playdough/therapy putty
    - tangle toy
    - list of self harm distractions
    - notes from my old support worker listing all my positive traits
    - stress ball
    - colouring sheets
    - a dot- to- dot
    - list of helplines
    - list of people i can talk to/call 
    - temporary tattoos 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I have in my Calm bag thing 
    My coping cards
    tangle
    jacobs ladder 
    hand cream 
    little smooth pebbles 
    a little travel tin with mini coloured pencils in ( totally didn’t take aloud from the pub once ) 
    a little colouring sheets book 
    some self care bingo ( I’ll find the photo and post it on here ) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Here’s the self care bingo sheet 😊

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I have a self care box, these are the things I have in it... looking forward to hearing what other people have so I can add some bits to mine :)

popping candy
    my fav photos
    positive letters from friends
    colouring sheets
    candles
    hand cream
    hot chocolate
    stress ball
    face masks
    the golden compass
    those rescue remedy sweet things
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Aw these all sound good 😊 <3

think im gunna print and add pictures of my dog ah and other memrable pictures 
    edited January 2019
    My dad got me this for Christmas which was pleasantly surpising.  Actually helpful and is in my box