Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Archived online safety convo

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to stay safe online.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    It might be a good idea to mention cyber bullying in there somewhere, maybe talking about spotting the signs of cyber bullying for yourself and for other people.

Emotional manipulation in social media / messaging is a big thing nowadays too; but some people don't realise until it's too late. This is an aspect that's personal to me too, and I can say from experience that it's hard to realise you're being emotionally manipulated because you believe it's normal, and you don't spot the obvious signs until afterwards, when you've left the scene. 

Not sure if these would fit into this thread specifically but I figured I'd mention them 
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    LabraBell said:
    It might be a good idea to mention cyber bullying in there somewhere, maybe talking about spotting the signs of cyber bullying for yourself and for other people.

Emotional manipulation in social media / messaging is a big thing nowadays too; but some people don't realise until it's too late. This is an aspect that's personal to me too, and I can say from experience that it's hard to realise you're being emotionally manipulated because you believe it's normal, and you don't spot the obvious signs until afterwards, when you've left the scene. 

Not sure if these would fit into this thread specifically but I figured I'd mention them 
    Thanks for this @LabraBell - appreciate the feedback. Some great points here, so we'll see what we can incorporate. :)

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @The Mix said:
    LabraBell said:

Thanks for this @LabraBell - appreciate the feedback. Some great points here, so we'll see what we can incorporate. :)

Mike & the team
    Aah I'm happy to help :D
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?