Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Writing a Christmas Thank You - can you help?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey,

Our fundraising team are designing a thank you card to send out to a number of our supporters that make it possible for us to run The Mix, and they were wondering if the community would be willing to come up with a thank you message talking a bit about what you value from The Mix? This could be a nice thing for us all to collectively agree a message perhaps to go in the card?

Also, a secondary request, would anyone be willing to hand-write the message, which would then get scanned in and printed on the inside of the card? 

If you'd like to get involved, either let us know below what you think should go in the message, or drop us a PM with your ideas and we can add it into the discussion anonymously :3

Ed
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Of course I will help you and I will hand write the message.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    However it gets scanned in.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Ooh sounds fun, and I'd be happy to handwrite too. I have neat handwriting usually lol

So the message, it's generally us talking about how much The Mix has done for us?

Like, could I say something along the lines of "When I came to the mix I was really struggling with my emotions. But in the time I've been here, I've been able to discover a passion for supporting other people, as well as received a great amount of advice and support myself. I am so much more able to manage my emotional issues and it's all thanks to The Mix"? 
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
    @The Mix I sent you a pm about it.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Kasa2103 & @LabraBell

Are you able to write up and scan your message? If so, could you email it over to info@themix.org.uk 

@LabraBell - in terms of message, it can be anything really, something that shows what you value about The Mix. It's great to hear how The Mix has played a part in that self-progression :3

Ed

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Yep, got a scanner all ready to go. In fact I'll have the message over either tonight or early morning tomorrow
    How do I write and scan? I can do it on paint and add a drawing.
    I guess that @LabraBell is having her one done then.
    edited November 2018
    It`s fine @LabraBell my ideas are bullshit anyway.
    @Kasa2103What Ed meant is that you have to hand write a message then scan it onto your pc. If you don't have a scanner I can write it for you if you want. 

Scanners, you can find on a printer sometimes. So if you have a printer there might be the option to scan things there. Otherwise I believe it's possible to go to the library to scan things, although you'd probably have to pay a small fee and I can't be sure that libraries definitely have that option

LabraBell- pm me
    @kasa heeyy don't say that, I bet they're cool! 

Everyone has their own perspective on something. So everyone's message is going to be different. And with everyone having different ideas that means there are no wrong answers really. Don't put yourself down <3
    They are. I am only 12 so not as good as an older one @The Mix know that I`m only 12 although the board is for 13-25 year olds.
    Kasa2103 said:
    They are. I am only 12 so not as good as an older one @The Mix know that I`m only 12 although the board is for 13-25 year olds.
    You could be 12 or 112, as far as I'm concerned your ideas are always worth a shot. I'd never dismiss someone's ideas just for their age - it could be better than anything I thought of for all I know :P
    Kasa2103 said:
    It`s fine @LabraBell my ideas are bullshit anyway.
    Hey Kasa,

Not at all, we are still interested to have your idea too, we are either looking to work together as a whole community to write one collective message, or to have cards with different messages, so your ideas are absolutely welcome, sorry if there was confusion from what I said. :3

If you don't have access to a scanner, we could always get someone to hand-write it in the office on your behalf. We will get back to your PM in the morning.

Hope you are okay :)

Ed

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    If you're okay with getting someone to write it down on behalf of my crude penmanship then i'l try and give it a go :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Hey @Laine - go for it, we may also be doing a digital version, so if you'd like to PM us a message, fire away :)

Ed

I can write for you if you'd like @Laine, I like my handwriting and I can adapt it to look different for yours lol

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I would like to. -just wanted to quickly reply to say -  so dont forget
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hey @Shaunie thank you! Feel free to send us a PM with your message :) 

- Aife

This discussion has been closed.