Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help me make a positive playlist

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
I would like to make a positive playlist and then share it on my youtube channel but I need some song ideas. The songs need to be clean (before anyone gets any ideas) and not too scary as you don`t know who could see it. 
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Tagged:

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Kasa

think is a great idea 

Probbaly might of already thought of this one this song by Alessia Cara called Scars To Your Beautiful is a lovely song, esp for anyone who has low self asteem on their apperance 

https://youtu.be/MWASeaYuHZo

and also this is a great song thats supportive of LGBT+

Same Love - Macklemore
    https://youtu.be/hlVBg7_08n0

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

And also these two song from Sia are very positive and motivational

Sia - Unstoppable

https://youtu.be/cxjvTXo9WWM

Sia - Never give up

https://youtu.be/h6Ol3eprKiw

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Thank you so much @Shaunie
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    What a wonderful idea Kasa! 

For such a long time I have wanted to change up my positivity vibes playlist and they are so helpful to boost your mood when your going through a low kind of day. 

Here’s a few, not sure if you have already thought of these: 
    (sorry about links, I can’t seem to get them to work - hope that’s okay) 

Rachel Platten - Fight Song 

Andra Day - Rise Up 

i know these next few you may think are really babyish but honestly if the music helps it doesn’t really bother me. 

Anything Disney related 

Demi Lovato - Let it go

I will have a think to see if I can think of any other good ones, these ones scream recovery and motivation at me and really give me that boost I need on some days. 

Thank you for this thread Kasa it is amazing! 

(((HUGS))) 

Lauren 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    Thank you so much Lauren. I love Let It Go.
    Fight Song is like the number 1 song for me. And @Aife loves it too.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

"I Am Defiant" - The Seige [Explicit]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UWXRWTrHzo
    Weekender Offender 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Fight song is a great song <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    When you say positive, do you mean a song that is generally upbeat? The types of songs I listen to are relatable in their lyrics, but they're usually talking about a more negative aspect. The positivity comes from being able to relate to it so much that it gives you goosebumps.

A couple of Examples:
    Easier to Run - Linkin Park
    It's easier to run
    Replacing this pain with something numb
    It's so much easier to go
    Than face all this pain here all alone
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    A secret I've kept locked away
    No one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show
    They never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head
    For years and years they've played
    Wake Up - Black Veil Brides
    See it in our eyes
    That we were never blind
    I will fight for you
    Until the day I die
    We'll shout it from the tallest building
    We won't let them turn away
    We'll show them what they've made
    We'll be here when their heart stops beating
    We, the nation of today
    Our hopes that never fade
    We'll be here when their heart stops beating

Avalanche - Bring me the Horizon (Shown in signature)
    It's like an avalanche
    I feel myself go under
    Cause the weight of it's like hands around my neck
    I never stood a chance
    My heart is frozen over
    And I feel like I am treading on thin ice
    And I'm going under
    I need a cure for me cause a square doesn't fit the circle
    Give me a remedy cause my head wasn't wired for this world

Falling In Reverse - Not a Vampire
    I'm insane
    Well, I can feel it in my bones
    Coursing through my veins
    When did I become so cold?
    For goodness akes
    Where is my self-control?
    If home is where my heart is
    Then my heart has lost all hope
    Well I'm not a zombie but I feel like one, to-day
    Self-induced, comatose, chemical daze
    My head is always spinning from this dizzy blurry vision
    and my stomach has had enough
    I feel like a lady that is pregnant with a baby
    Cause I'm always throwing up! (Bleurgh!)
    Looking back at all these it might be a nice idea to make a separate playlist for meaningful songs :thinking:
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
    edited November 2018
    Omg i forgot this one. I love this one is so positive and nice.  
    Keep your head up - Ben howard
    https://youtu.be/ADP65wbBUpc

Also Birdy - keeping your head up
    https://youtu.be/m8AXUq5uA0Y
    edited November 2018
    A lot of positive music I listen to isn't lyric heavy, and more about escapism and the positive emotions it invokes. A couple of guys I know made the following track about this very thing.

Hixxy & Marley - Music Is My First Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4cu4Dwm03s
    Weekender Offender 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Love ben howard! <3 
    i'm not sure whats been suggested so far so if i repeat one then i'm sorry :) i listen to a lot of genres so there will be a mix

Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Firework - Katy Perry

- Who you are by Jessie J

Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves (an oldie but a goodie!)

The Climb - Miley Cyrus

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World (bit more rocky, soft but the message is great)

What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong (real oldie but again goodie)

Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Where Is the Love? - The Black Eyed Peas

Paradise - Coldplay

I don't want to go overboard haha so if you want anymore just let me know :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    This song always makes me feel hopeful
    http://youtu.be/fRwErA-KUMY&nbsp;
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    edited November 2018
    Eyepatch said:
    This song always makes me feel hopeful
    http://youtu.be/fRwErA-KUMY&nbsp;

@Eyepatch Did you make this video? , cause is really good if did
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Butterfly fly away - miley Cyrus 
    safe inside - James Arthur 
    wake me up - Children in need choir 

this is quite  hard when all you listen to is depressing music 😂😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Love this thread  <3 lot's of great song ideas that I am adding to my spotify!

My current favourite motivating song is Mountain to Move by Nick Mulvey. All about staying in the present, and making small changes now, even if it feels like there is a huge obstacle in our way.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

edited November 2018
    Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out
    Love the lyrics of “It's always darkest before the dawn” <3
    https://youtu.be/WbN0nX61rIs

Alex Adair -Make Me Feel Better
     very summery song
    https://youtu.be/626fsEM1Cts

James Morrison - Demons
    (Underrated song- song title sounds depressing but actually motivational) 
    https://youtu.be/qYlsyHVjEO0

Jess Gylnne - Dont be so hard on yourself
    https://youtu.be/THeLVhU53ow
    & all of Jess Glynne songs 🙃 <3

Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself
    https://youtu.be/bMpFmHSgC4Q

This one is actually about mastubating

and making love to yourself rather than loving yourself. But yeah still can listen to it about loving yourself though maybe hard now ive said. (Realise you said you want ‘clean’ songs. Though there is nothing dirty about mastubating so hope okay) 

edited November 2018
    Happy Hardcore. Yes it's old, and yes it's cheesy, but it's overwhelmingly positive and upbeat.

Force and Styles - Heart Of Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBQmV2zZK5o

Weekender Offender 
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Here's some positive songs

Jump rope - blue october
    Brighter - patent pending
    I'm good - mowgli's
    You have until 10pm on Sunday to submit songs 
    edited December 2018
    Omg. I have forgotten this song. This is so lovely and well sang. Def should listen to it anyway. She’s only 14 but sings so well

https://youtu.be/ZcCp7488puc

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Lean on me Bill withers 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Avril Lavigne - head above water  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk

And basically the entire Guardians of the Galaxy mixtape. ;)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Unwritten by Natasha bedingfield 

And stronger by Kelly Clarkson :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    My Silver lining. - First Aid Kit

https://youtu.be/DKL4X0PZz7M