Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

Hiya fellow boardies :) 

As the title suggestions,  this is a place simply for recognising achievements, every step counts no matter how little,  if you got out of bed or showered you're still winning! 

So drop by whenever you feel like mentioning it,  let's feel good about ourselves!  💗

Today I've honestly managed quite well with anxiety,  and I'm happily tucked into bed despite not doing one of my rituals :)

Much love 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I baked a halloween cake 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I signed the whole of a thousand years by Christiana Perri.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
    I baked a halloween cake 
    Ooh sounds yummy! I love baking

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Kasa2103 said:
    I signed the whole of a thousand years by Christiana Perri.
    Sounds amazing Kasa!  Well done :) I've been meaning to learn it 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    For the first time since my heart op, I managed 2 hours practicing on my saxophone! It felt like the old days, and I felt really good afterwards though tired.

And then after a nice cuppa tea, Peggy and I made a batch of flapjacks made with demerara sugar, golden syrup and unsalted butter. Eating one now. :p
    Went to first new group therapy

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I got a healthy amount of sleep, which is very rare for a Tuesday! Small wins. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    I got a healthy amount of sleep, which is very rare for a Tuesday! Small wins. :)
    So did I!  Because I forgot my new maths group was on Tuesday mornings 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Laine said:
    Mike said:
    So did I!  Because I forgot my new maths group was on Tuesday mornings 😂
    Oops.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    I told my student support officer everything about the bullying (even if Childline had to break confidentiality so my sso would care)
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I went to my appointment that I was so anxious about.... even though they didn't turn up I still went :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited November 2018
    I went to work 
    So glad for you all and lots of love 💕 super well done and remember that all achievements are great no matter how little. 

I'm particularly proud that I'm just getting by and that's good enough 💕 
    I've come back from a bad time and I'm just feeling so happy,  got the 22nd to look forward to and just feeling like a ray of positivity :) thanks to my partner for the most part and the ability to just accept that "now isn't my time,  I'm not feeling it,  and that's okay" 

Keep positive lovelies xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I made dinner which is rare
    I went shopping twice to help my mam, and I had a sandwich for lunch(sounds stupid but for me that's a big deal 😂) xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I did my washing this morning. I mean i know that is pretty basic and maybe not really something to be proud of, but i let it pile up so much all the time and say to myself “will do it tomorrow”
    and hopefuly i can be proud of going to work today- if i get there lol
    I managed to get a bath, tidy my room,  and still function despite my anxiety :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

edited November 2018
    I also managed to make my profile pic me 😂
    Post edited by Laine on

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Laine said:
    I almost managed to make my profile pic me 😂
    Is that your profile pic now @laine

Cos if it is, omw you're adorable! <3

Why is everyone here at the mix so beautiful? I kinda feel out of my league here :sweat_smile:
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
    LabraBell said:
    Laine said:

Why is everyone here at the mix so beautiful? I kinda feel out of my league here :sweat_smile:
    Aw thanks Emma :) its just filters mainly but yeah x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Laine said:
    LabraBell said:
    Laine said:

Aw thanks Emma :) its just filters mainly but yeah x
    still adorable :D
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
    edited November 2018
    Shaunie said:
    I did my washing this morning. I mean i know that is pretty basic and maybe not really something to be proud of, but i let it pile up so much all the time and say to myself “will do it tomorrow”
    and hopefuly i can be proud of going to work today- if i get there lol
    Literally Same thing this weekend🙃
    I painted a bit of the bathroom🙃
    Actually ate lunch. I had lasange with broccoli, carrots and garlic bread. For dessert I had apple and cherry cake with ice cream. 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    yesterday i plucked up the courage to ask my teacher more than once to explain the assignment to me 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Trying my best to get more sociable and someone was sending me “not heard from you for ages, are you okay” and i just replied back with honesty saying i am distant but so lonely. And she said she has her own house now ( she has a kid aswell) and that i could go anytime if i wanna escape and thought that was nice. And totally proud of myself for even replying to someone
    edited December 2018
    Finaly completly finished painting my room. (It was a lightish blue colour before). Like I left it a few days because like the corners annoy me and didn’t look that much to do. But fml it was still a lot to do and many layers. 

But I love it. It feels so freash and clean. And the week coming I’m getting new curtains and decorating it more to look less plain 😊

I managed to reach the 250 words minimum for my English work which is somthing I haven’t been able to do before 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    It's beautiful @Shaunie
    (and looks like your doggo approves 💕😂)

Well done @Millie2787 !
    even I struggle to get those many words xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

@laine it was describing a docotrs waiting room and  since I’m always in one 😂😂

Doing my sisters wrapping for her today - I’m a werid person that likes wrapping 😂