Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, I need help. I'm not sure if I was assaulted and I dont know what to do

Me123Me123 Posts: 1 Just got here
edited September 2018 in Sex & Relationships
Sorry I am new to this! I don't know if I was assaulted or if I am over reacting. I was staying over at friends (a married couple) I went to the spare room and they went to theirs. After about 5mins a knock came and they propositioned me for a threesome. To which I declined over the next hour or so they continued to come in each time being more "persuasive" ending with her on top of me attempting to kiss and take the covers down. I eventually got them to leave and although nothing actually happened I don't know how I feel about this

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2018
    Hey, and welcome to the community. :) Glad you found us. I've moved this post over to Sex & Relationships, where it fits a little better and should get a few more responses.

We have a couple of articles - was it sexual assault & sexual consent which may help put things into perspective when reflecting on what happened. Regardless of technicalities though, you have the right not to be okay with any behaviour that makes you uncomfortable. Even if there's no sexual/physical contact, it's reasonable to have a negative reaction to being pressured. Whatever feelings you have are valid.

As a society, we like to label certain responses to situations as 'overreactions', but this isn't always useful, particularly when it comes to understanding and being kind to ourselves. We can't control our emotions, right?

Have you talked to these people since?

It's okay that you're not sure how to feel - sometimes these emotions can take time to work through. We're here to listen if you'd like to share a bit more about how you feel or what happened. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi there,

There's certainly intent, but since they never really did anything, I don't think that's assault. However, it's definitely not right, and you should tell them that what they did made you uncomfortablex

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.