Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Telephone counselling referrals are open!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited August 2018 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

Referrals for telephone counselling have opened again! They tend to close quite quickly, so if you're interested in having telephone counselling with The Mix, make sure to ring our helpline team on 0808 808 4994 to receive an initial assessment. When you call the helpline they will ask you a few questions to make sure they are offering you the right support. Here's a bit of information about our telephone counselling service:

Our telephone counselling service is suitable for you if you are aged 25 or under, living in the UK and are looking for short-term help with your mental health and emotional wellbeing. 

Our counsellors aim to help by listening to your problems and helping you find ways to cope. Your sessions are designed to be a confidential, safe space where you can find ways to improve your mental health and wellbeing. 

Our counsellors are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm. Counsellors may occasionally schedule their work hours to meet your needs. You will usually be offered up to eight counselling sessions that last around 50 minutes each. 

In order to be assigned to a counsellor and start your counselling sessions, you should contact the helpline team to complete an initial assessment, which includes asking a few anonymous questions to make sure we’re offering you the right support. Calling the Helpline is free and you can do that every day 4pm – 11pm at the 0808 808 4994.

You can find out more about telephone counselling over on our website here. Let us know if you have any questions :) 

- Aife
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Does it matter if it's the same problem? 

I know this doesn't sound like it makes sense but I don't have like a proper issue just my anxiety specifically around health  and homre situation and I was wondering if its okay to sign up and use it as a ramble?  :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Hey @Laine,

Of course! The Mix is here to support you with anything you're going through. You're more than welcome to sign up :) 

- Aife

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Question where has the form gone for this?
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    AnyamayAnyamay Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    You have to phone the helpline
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Same Meggles but keep an eye out for when the web counselling is taking new referrals :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
  • Options
    So there is I didn't see that before :/

There is always the messenger if you feel the immediate need to talk: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team/crisis-messenger

And many resources online. 

Perhaps it would be good to create another service or shape them a bit better for older people, I do know a lot of people don't like talking on the phone but most services like childline sadly have a limit xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hey all,

you can also do your telephone counselling referral via our helpline's webchat service, just click 1-2-1 chat at the top of the page (open 2-11pm currently), however a self-referral form is coming soon for telephone counselling too, so watch this space :). You are right @Meggles that webchat counselling is aimed at people 18 and under.

Ed

• Options
  • Options
    Hey @Meggles

It's definitely something we are looking at, although can't guarantee that it definitely will, or when it would. Our Telephone counselling is for anyone 25 and under though :+1:

Ed

• Options
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Meggles said:
    Mmm not so great for people with anxiety and phone calls are the trigger. I've thought about it so many times. Spoken to Mike about it. I can't do it. The fact it's over the phone general scares me too much.

If it was someone I knew face to face, I could handle a call, but I just can't with someone I don't know at all
    Same
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley