You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The mix App

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 477 Rampant Poster
I was wondering what if the mix made an app so that it’s more mobile friendly? It can be quite fiddely at time on my phone internet just wondering what about an app
fadedangellittlegemzButterfly23

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Noob
    I was wondering what if the mix made an app so that it’s more mobile friendly? It can be quite fiddely at time on my phone internet just wondering what about an app
    A few minutes ago I asked my retired businesswoman aunt. She said having an app specially tailored for the board for mobile phone users could cost a fortune.

I heard sometime ago that there were no plans for an app. You'd have to ask Mike. :)
    fadedangel
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,507 Community Managers
    Hey @One-in-a-million & @Floxy

An app for The Mix is a great idea! We don't have any plans for one at the moment, but we are aware a lot of people have expressed interested in having one so it could be something that we have in the future!

- Aife

We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Noob
    Hi @Aife

I asked aunt Fiona who has had over 30 years business experience. She dictated to me the following:

"Basically the app cost depends on development time and the hourly rate of the developers, the latter very expensive in line with web designers.  Also, app costings are largely based on what features are required, the complexity of the app's design, and platform....

"...An app for a forum may require a seperate server which will increase costs. And costs will vary on who builds the app (ie. an offshore agency or UK-based) and then you would have to factor in costs for updates of the app, possible marketing and advertising costs."

Fiona added, "How customizable would your forum app be depends on utilizing social media networks, mobile phone, and/or email. Also, once made the app will need maintenance charges. These are usually based between 15% and 20% of the development cost."

She has kindly given these links that could be helpful to your office.

• The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,507 Community Managers
    Thanks so much @Floxy

- Aife
    We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.