Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can you Transfer after completing 1st year of FdA to a BA (Hons) version of the same degree course?

hlt88hlt88 Posts: 1 Just got here
edited March 27 in Work & Study
After completing the first year of a FdA degree course, can you transfer to the BA (Hons) version of the course for the 2nd year onwards?

With a FdA degree course the first year matters/counts towards your degree as its a 2 year course but with a BA (Hons) degree course the first year doesn't count.  Do you need a certain grade/%age from the first year of a FdA course in order to transfer onto the BA (Hons) version of the course?  Thanks in advance - asking for my son who is in this predicament.  Or can you point me in the direction of a Body/Institution who can answer my question?  Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hey, I know your post is from a while ago but I noticed it and thought I could help.

I work open days sometimes at my Uni and we get questions like yours, best thing to do is to book in an interview for your choosen uni via UCAS, as if you were applying for 1st year, then show them your work and mention that you are interested in skipping to second year. If the university doesn't do face to face interviews add in a short paragraph about why you feel skipping first year would be beneficial into your personal statement. 
    When you get your results back, ring up the unis you are interested in and double check that you can start and join the second year class. 
    After that it's also a good idea to find your new tutors emails on the uni website and send them a message. Say the uni is letting you join second year and if there are any term dates or work you need to know about. 
    :) I hope that helps 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy."