Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

school tomorrow, anxiety/depression time

ZeeZeeZeeZee Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have to go back in to school tomorrow for the first time in a week. Ive been having trouble for months now and the school hasnt helped that much. Now they think that the only way to get me back into lessons is to try and force me, the stress is going to kill me at this rate. At least the depression has killed off the feelings of anxiety mostly
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hey @ZeeZee

School is, despite our hatred of it, a place of learning and an opportunity to study that adults find most difficult the older they get. Like those before us in generations past, so we must grit our teeth and learn as much as possible. But we have mean of coping, and that is through managing our time. This website that my partner shared on the forum has proved to be incredibly useful:

http://www.studygs.net/

To help with yoiur depression, or anything really, it would be most helpful if you made a chat account and applied to Support Circle this evening (Sundays and Tuesdays)

http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/live-chat-announcements/3583715-support-circle-tuesday-20-02-2018

I have found these support chats very helpful and think this would be the best place to be during these moost difficult times for you. You don't have to remain for the full sessions, either.

Wishing you all the best,

~ Belle

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey there,

School is a tough place to be at times (I know this as a current student)!! Sorry to hear it’s difficult for you too :(

How did your first day go? I really hope it went well for you!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    ZeeZee wrote: »
    I have to go back in to school tomorrow for the first time in a week. Ive been having trouble for months now and the school hasnt helped that much. Now they think that the only way to get me back into lessons is to try and force me, the stress is going to kill me at this rate. At least the depression has killed off the feelings of anxiety mostly

Hello there,

I know that school can be quite a hated place for many people, but you will find it is probably the most secure. Knowing that I recently left school last academic year and in first year uni I know what you mean.- School, especially at the moment with the changes, is very stressful. I think this is the time where both staff and students are quite stressed as there has been quite a lot of changes in the curriculum within Education. And this doesn't help!.

On top of this, battling it with Depression and anxiety, is a just a mix gone worse. It can be incredibly hard. I suffered from Depression and Anxiety (still am) while at school, and it was incredibly stressful, however, I must say I am truly gratelful for the members of staff that supported me- if it wasn't for them It would have been a lot more harder. If I had the support and still found every aspect of school life hard, it must be even worse when you don't feel supported. I know how this feels, as I feel quite the same with uni ( I don't feel like I am supported at all).

I'm wondering whether it might be worth one getting support from school, getting them to understand and having their support can make things a lot more easier? - But this might not be an easy ride for many- I know I was probably quite lucky! :)... In this case, I'm wondering whether you have any other support around you eg: Family, Friends, NHS?

I found going back after holidays very horrible, and very anxiety- you'll find a lot of people feel it, but some feel it more? - Could be for a variety of reasons: Lack of structure, continuity, etc...

How did it go today? _ it's ok if it was a bit rough...take it slowely!

Take care,
    Invisible_me
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry youre struggling &not getting much support :((. Keep seeking the help you need & deserve.

Hope today went as well as it could of.

Take care
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hey,

If you want to us know how today went, it might help to write it down.

One way of trying to make school more interesting is to focus on yourself, ignore the grades others are getting and try and improve your own. It might help make you feel good if you see that you are improving. Even if the grade only goes up by a few points it can still make you feel like the hard work was worth it.

Are there any classes in school you do like? I noticed your profile picture is from evangelion, do you like Art classes perhaps? Maybe you can find a friend who also likes anime and chat to them. Having people you get along with makes school more enjoyable. 

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy."