Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Inconsistent Rules

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
One rule for one. One rule for another. Why do you hate me so much
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2018
    Oh shit can you move to problems and suggestions @The Mix
    so pissed of with this shit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited August 2018
    Will probsfeel bad about this soon. Cause think your site is great. But does make me question my self worth at points. 

edit; also where are the rules about violence? Get the feeling really bad voilence isnt okay to speak about but i cant find any rule on it ? Like what if i wanted to speak about a dream i keep getting but is violent
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey Shaunie,
    also where are the rules about violence? Get the feeling really bad voilence isnt okay to speak about but i cant find any rule on it ? Like what if i wanted to speak about a dream i keep getting but is violent
    Violence is a very broad subject so there are no specific rules about it. It would likely boil down to the usual things we use to decide if something is okay to speak about:

- Is it graphically descriptive?
    - What's the context of the violence?
    - Do we have concerns for you or someone else's immediate safety?

These are rhetorical questions, but these are what we'd be thinking about. It's the same sort of way we think about harm or injury.

If you wanted to speak about a violent dream, it would probably be okay if it wasn't written in a graphic, overly detailed or triggering way. If there's something specific you're not sure about, feel free to drop it to us in a PM and we can check it over. :)
    One rule for one. One rule for another. Why do you hate me so much
    It sounds like this has been triggered by something very specific, so we'll get in touch with you privately where we can talk about that in detail.

Generally though, our approach to enforcing guidelines isn't 'one size fits all'. We certainly do our best to apply them in the same way for everyone, but we will often take any moderation concerns on a case-by-case basis. This means we consider what we know about an individual, their recent posts, the context of the discussion, and any other factors into account when we make these decisions.

For example, somebody might post and say "I want to die". Our level of concern for this individual and the action we take will depend on the context of the post, the poster, and what we know about that individual.

Sidenote: we're conscious that this can make certain guidelines difficult to follow for some folks, so we are currently working to re-word and re-position our guidelines to make things as clear as possible. We'll have more info on this soon. :)

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    edited August 2018
    Deleted;sorry
    Post edited by Siena on
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Didnt get chance to say this but was going to. I hope this wasent about me Shaunie because I've just had a 2week ban so I would say the rules are consistant.
    Lostsense said:
    Didnt get chance to say this but was going to. I hope this wasent about me Shaunie because I've just had a 2week ban so I would say the rules are consistant.
    It was more of a feeling that people hate me more than anything. But now not in such a mood where feel everyone is targeting me- now realise rules are pretty consistent.
    But sorry they put you on ban.