Home Represent Young People
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Fancy a £20 Amazon voucher?

The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,579 Staff Team
Hey everyone,

We're looking for people to be part of a small group discussion about what the challenges your age group face when managing money, especially in times of transition such as starting your first job, going into study, receiving government help, or moving out of home. We're holding both face to face discussions here at Mix HQ, as well as an online session in one of our group chat rooms.

Did I mention that everyone who attends will get a £20 Amazon voucher? :yeees:

Here are the details:

Online session:
· Wednesday 9th of May (tomorrow)
· 6:30pm-8pm
· Online details will be sent to your email prior to the chat

Face-to-face sessions:
· Saturday 12th May
· 11am-1pm (16-18 year olds), 1:30-3:30pm (19-25 year olds)
· Details will be sent to your email prior to the chat

And we would love it if you would invite some friends. We are offering an extra £5 referral reward on your amazon voucher. This means if your friend signs up and attends you will receive a £25 amazon voucher and your friend will get a £20 amazon voucher for their attendance – win win.

If you are available to attend the online session, please complete this form. If you want to come along to a face-to-face session, drop us a PM. :thumb:

Thanks all,
Mike
We're @Mike, @Connor, @Emma_, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Rampant Poster Posts: 684 Incredible Poster
    Hi - @Mike i signed up for this evenings chat. When will i get further information such as password for the room?
    'Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.'
    Ignore ^^^^
    'Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.'
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,277 An Original Mixlorian
    Heya!
    Thanks for that chat! - was interesting and enjoy it

The Mix wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Did I mention that everyone who attends will get £20 Amazon voucher?

Sorry. Feel really awkward or rude to ask...but just wondering if that was just for face to face session?

Either way enjoyed the lil discussion:)
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
  • The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,579 Staff Team
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Heya!
    Thanks for that chat! - was interesting and enjoy it

Sorry. Feel really awkward or rude to ask...but just wondering if that was just for face to face session?

Either way enjoyed the lil discussion:)
    Glad you enjoyed it!

Nope, the voucher was for the online session as well. If no one has been in touch, I'd be happy to chase this up for you. :)

Mike

We're @Mike, @Connor, @Emma_, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    I haven't got mine either so maybe they are just taking a while to send them out.
  • HannHann Meme Queen MancPosts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Me neither
    Okay, so it looks like that process just hasn't begun yet. Let me know if you still don't hear anything by next Wednesday and I'll chase this up. :)

Thanks guys,
    Mike
    edited May 2018
    Hey again folks,

Just an update to say I've spoken to my collegue about this - you should recieve emails about the Amazon voucher within the next day or two. It hasn't been forgotten. :wink:

Cheers,
    Mike
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,414 Boards Champion
    Hey Mike, 

Not sure if they haven't got my email as I haven't received my voucher yet?  

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
    Hey @Laine

There was a slight delay in sending these out. We ran one final chat a couple weeks ago so they were waiting for all the chats to be finished so they could send them out in one batch. They should be sent out very soon within the next few weeks! 

Thank you for being so patient!

- Aife
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,414 Boards Champion
    Oh okay that's fine then Thanks very much Aife!  Just wanted to make sure and not at all come across as desperate :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
This discussion has been closed.