Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #51

GretaGreta Deactivated Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is to post a fact a day!

Did you know that a koala's fingerprints are do indistinguishable from human fingerprints that they have been mistaken at crime scenes before?

For this challenge we're asking you to find a random fact each day that you never knew before or that you think is interesting and share it with us here!

Don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas below and if you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.

Greta

Weekly challenge #51 5 votes

Quote challenge
80%
HannBubblesGoesBooAifeAbigail 4 votes
Guess that song lyric challenge
20%
Siena 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Quote challenge
    Here's a cute penguin fact

Little Blue Penguins are the smallest type of penguin, averaging around 33 cm (13 in) in height.

Image result for little blue penguin
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    This is a fact i found out the other day cause i was just interested in why dogs like the sound of squeaky toys and its cause of their instinc to kill and prey and they make a squeak noise when theyre dying so they like it 😭 
    Teddy isnt interested in his squeaky chicken anymore because it stopped squeaky and now hes killed the chicken he doesnt care😭but lol yeah nevermimd. Its  just an instinc from Wolves
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GretaGreta Deactivated Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    I love penguins Aife :love:

and @Shaunie I never knew that!! I have ferrets who love squeaky toys also, I wonder if they like them for the same reason :open_mouth:
    “When the first McDonald’s drive-through in Kuwait opened, the queue was seven miles long”
    omg how is that even true. Ten minutes in id be like -sod it, lets get a ready meal lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited June 2018
    Well this maybe an observation of today more than factual. But ive actually just done some looking at their website and seems factual. If youre not intested in Womans Newlook clothes lol then dont bother 😂😂

Anywayyyy this is so random but NewLooks kids section is bigger than adults smallest size. I was gettingblack skinny trousers but someone put age 13 in the adults section & looked bigger than the size 4 i was looking at. & i mean i got them cause they was £4 lol but fit sooo much better than adults & theyre the right length & im not exactly short. Anyway  A kids waist is like 69cm for a 14- 15 year olds & an adults size size 4 is 54cm ...ect & a  then at size 10 is 70 cm waist like whattt thats nearly a 14-15 year old. their age 13 feels bigger & less suffocating for my stomach than adults size 8. So today i looked at the kids section (some are obviously kids style look) but rest is jut as cool & fashionable as the adults secton;) also cheaper ah
    “The longest time between two twins being born is 87 days”

Whattt. I thought 30 minutes between me and my sister was a longg time.
    Sounds like The most hardest & stressful pregnancy.
    Theyd have Different birthdays and not even the same month. 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Quote challenge
    "When an infant koala – called a joey – is born, it immediately climbs up to its mother’s pouch. Blind and earless, a joey uses its strong sense of touch and smell, as well as natural instinct, to find its way."

Image result for baby koala

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤