Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Room 101

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
Hey! Was watching room 101 earlier (for those who never watched or dunno what is- basically is a programe where celebraties talk about things they hate or their pet peeves and want to get rid off for good. I Think the idea was based on an old film or novel of a torture chamber)

And was wondering what pet peeves are or what really annoys you and what you would ‘put into room 101’. ? (Without being offensive of corse.) :)

For me personally probably a lot of things that i cant think of right now but

-Cold
-Spiders
-People who leave the switch on when not using it
-illnesses
-intimidating and patronigising people
- People who dont pick up their dogs shit
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I so miss that prog, @Shaunie -Great topic though! :)

Asshole tourists driving the wrong way up a one-way street.
    Insomnia. Like now.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    People who leave the cap of the toothpaste (like why!?) Also people who leave sockets turned on when nothing's in them... and cold feet... this list could go on haha :p
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    There are so many I struggle to list them but:

People who leave bits of food in the sink after washing the dishes.
    Getting a song stuck in my head.
    People who plug their phone in when it’s on like 90% cuz to them it’s “dead”.
    People who say “people taking exams should forgo everything remotely fun in favour of hours and hours of revision”.
    People who constantly text you with a ton of question marks when you don’t reply straight away.
    People who think all problems that teenagers have are in some way related to the fact that they are a teenager!
    Patronising people!!
    Things that are not neat / perfectly symmetrical / in order!

See,
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Photobucket for their nasty 'adult' ads.
    Cockroaches. They make me cry.
    Spiders.
    Smokers. I don't mind, but please go elsewhere.
    People who never reply to my emails/pms
    Groupies. Please - NO!
    Thunderstorms and their massive hailstones
    Dell computers. :grump:
    Self-checkouts in supermarkets.
    Tourist food
    Ripped jeans are not smart.
    Periods. :yuck:

Floxy wrote: »
    Spiders.
    Groupies. Please - NO!
    Tourist food

Haha, periods should be on my list too ;)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

They really are beasts!

Another beastie to add to Room 101 is airport security. Recently on my way out to Mallorca from London Gatwick, the security blokes had everything out of my hand luggage in search of a piddling corkscrew. But they let me keep it as I pleaded ignorance it was there, but they men were cackling on finding a sex toy which one of them held aloft for his mates to see and laugh about, much to my burning embarrassment. :grump:

Jet skiers. They make too much noise out at sea and should be torpedoed. :razz:
    Floxy wrote: »

They really are beasts!

Another beastie to add to Room 101 is airport security. Recently on my way out to Mallorca from London Gatwick, the security blokes had everything out of my hand luggage in search of a piddling corkscrew. But they let me keep it as I pleaded ignorance it was there, but they men were cackling on finding a sex toy which one of them held aloft for his mates to see and laugh about, much to my burning embarrassment. :grump:

Oh god, how awkward!!!

Oh god, how awkward!!!

It was very awks and I should have made a complaint, but been too busy so nevermind.

Crabs. They can go into Room 101. The live horrible pinchy ones I mean. Nasty claws. Nice in a salad though. Yum.
    Feral cats. And I thought seagulls were the worst.
    Litter. People should clear it up.
    The thunderstorms here are frightening! :(
    Beer bellied, drain belching, foul mouthed Brits.
    Wasps! They've started early out here, nasty belligerent things. :(
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    ha these are interesting to read!

People who eat loudly
    And hang overs
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2018
    Shaunie said:
    ha these are interesting to read!

People who eat loudly
    And hang overs

Yes definitely chammers - keep your mouth closed when you eat.
    But not hangovers - can you imagine how out of hand things would get if we didn't get hungover?

I'd like to add wire coat hangers.
    Weekender Offender 
    edited May 2018
    Ripoff water suppliers in Mallorca charging €50 per cubic meter for fresh water.
    Car stickers: Baby on Board
    Spitting. Use a hanky ffs!
    And 'on trend'.

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2018
    *Double post. This draft thing is annoying
    Weekender Offender 
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Wasps
    Kiss-Me-Quick hats
    Tourist tat and the shops that sell it.
    People who don't look at me when I'm talking. So irritating.

If they do this, I stop in midsentence. When they look back up questioningly - I resume. But if they continue being inattentive, then I leave them. Tough if it's at a cafe. I'll neck my coffee and leave them to pay the bill sod them.

The saying “the customer is always right” why is that even a sentence. They definetly aint always right
    Gluttony. That should go to Room 101 along with the burping pig of a man who ploughed through nearly a whole loaf of toast during this morning's breakfast.
  • BenSarsahBenSarsah Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Slow walkers definitely. Always hogging the pavement. Just want to move them out the way
    When you're trying to order a pizza but the voucher code isn't working

People who stand in the middle of the aisle with a trolley, with not enough space to go left or right. GTFO.

Parents who think you're as interested in their kids as they are. Yet let their kids run riot on public transport and just sit their laughing thinking they are cute.

• L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    edited July 2018
    These are .a few things i would add (I could think of more)
    • Dangerous Drivers 
    • Bullies
    •  Dangerous Criminals  
    • Drunks
    • Motorbikes
    • Smokers
    • Flies and Wasps
    • People cruel to animals
    • Crying babies
    • People ringing doorbell for no reason
    • Unknown phone numbers 
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Floxy said:

They really are beasts!

Floxy said:
    Spiders.
    Groupies. Please - NO!
    Tourist food

@Floxy-   Why airport security? One of the main arguments to that would be:  Although it's annoying it could be argued that it keeps everyone safe as no one wants to get bombed or threatened with a gun/knife etc... 

Also why self checkouts i because in my expereince their a lot quicker and i've never had a problem with them. 
    L100 said:
    Floxy said:

They really are beasts!

Floxy said:
    Spiders.
    Groupies. Please - NO!
    Tourist food

@Floxy-   Why airport security? One of the main arguments to that would be:  Although it's annoying it could be argued that it keeps everyone safe as no one wants to get bombed or threatened with a gun/knife etc... 

Also why self checkouts i because in my expereince their a lot quicker and i've never had a problem with them. 
    I'm not disputing airport security except for the massive time it takes to get through!

Sorry, I meant supermarket checkouts. Mostly these are understaffed so the supermarket owner maximizes profits instead of paying out wages for extra staff, so during busy times the customer has to wait ages to pay. I don't think that's right. Last week, Lidl's in Can Picafort felt like Christmas. I was on the end of 15 trolleys and none of the customers were happy either! :/
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Toenails being cut.
    The cat sniffing my armpit.
    People not answering the phone.
    No wifi.
    Homework.
    Hot weather.
    Being injured.
    Long journeys.
    No crisps.
    Bullying.
    My retainer.
    Football.
    People getting in the way.
    My cat getting in the way.
    People going into my room.
    Someone doing a shit in the loo and not flushing the loo.
    Periods (sorry for any embarrassment boys.)
    Waiting.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Wasps; belligerent buggers. :#

Notifications :scream:
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Getting cold calls (one of the most annoying)
    People at gymnastics calling me an alien
    Swimming lessons
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited August 2018
    People who totally ignore your comment when you just tried to help them. But they reply to someone else. Um okay. Dont even actknowledge my existsnce. Ignore me. Not like i took time out my day to do so. 
    When you are about to think of something and then totally forget. But feels like it keeps coming back to the mind but it quickly goes before you get to it lol 
    edited August 2018
    Heavy metal,
    flat packs,
     the saying “bits & bats” - its bits and bobs😒,
    my emotions 😶