Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I lost my virginity, now I don't know if I regret it

Kim98Kim98 Posts: 1 Just got here
I lost my virginity recently. I am 19 he was 26. We we're dating but I don't think I was ready to have sex. I think I regret it mostly of the age difference, I don't know if that's me over thinking. But I also realised that it is not the right time and we are both going through stuff so I ended it. I only had sex once but I feel ashamed, depressed and that how could I be so weak and this lowers my standards and my value as a person. I just want to know how I can stop thinking these thoughts I know most of them I am overthinking. But u just thought I would be with the one I lost it too.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey

I understand losing viginity can be a big deal. But it doesnt mean the other times after the first cant be as important. Most peoples first times arent the greatest and are painful ect anyway.

Facts are you cant change what has happened and that there isnt really anything to be ashamed of. It wasnt illegal but understand you feel shame. But it doesnt lower you standards. I think many people regretfully having sex sometimes- but maybe can find things you can learn, if any? Is it just now youre regretting it or did you feel ready in that moment?

I think with time you will be thinking about it less and gradually come to terms with what happened?

Your sex life doesnt define you as a person and you are not any less value for it

All the best
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kim98,

To be honest, it's happened now, and no amount of wishing or thinking is going to bring it back. I think it's time to accept that what's done is done, and move forward. Your standards and values aren't any different just because of one action!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.