Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

An app called 'Hey Vina'

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
Hey,
So basically awhile ago someone i knew was speaking about an app called 'Hey Vina' And they said something like - "Basically is an app for females to make friends with other females in your area. And connect. Is a welcoming place" - the person who uses it says it good and genuine. & with people who just want to make friends & are friendly. So like i would recommend if you remember all your how to stay safe on internet stuff. & be careful. But yeah thats all.🙃

But like tbh i used it for a few minutes just now to see how it is but then hide my profile than devactiacted it once i saw someone i knew. Got a lil scared. Not somethin i would try personally try cause seems quite daunting only cause im quite anti social but seems like quite a few people use it, cause like i hardly know many people so to see someone i knew on it, must mean something ah. So could be useful or something to keep in mind to some females who may be a lil lonely 🙃 (it connects to your facebook,maybe can choose not to, not sure - but does not post it on your facebook and can edit things so you see people with similar age and interest.)

I probs hear too much about dodgy stuff on the internet &not that trusting but i cant help but think that maybe some is fake profiles of men who are just trying to groom females.. but yeah im sure isnt and is good👍🙃 would be interesting to maybe know what think about it aswell though
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hey! Vina has been out for a couple of years now. Here's what The Guardian said: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/feb/08/tinder-for-girl-friends-hey-vina-app-female-friendship

Hey! Vina is alright if dating/friending online is your bag, but my family disallows it so good luck to you. :)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    Hey! Vina has been out for a couple of years now. Here's what The Guardian said: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/feb/08/tinder-for-girl-friends-hey-vina-app-female-friendship

Hey! Vina is alright if dating/friending online is your bag, but my family disallows it so good luck to you. :)

Oh then probs only me whos only heard of it til now aha. I wouldnt use it myself but thanks!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Shaunie wrote: »

Oh then probs only me whos only heard of it til now aha. I wouldnt use it myself but thanks!

It could be okay for you @Shaunie as it's decribed here as 'Tinder for girls': https://techcrunch.com/2016/01/26/hey-vina-is-a-tinder-for-girl-friends/

But my older relatives seriously restrict me from making friends anyway, because they are a bunch of snobs. I hate their attitude. Only my aunt is anywhere human.

I wish you good luck so go for it! :thumb:
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi Shaunie,

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard of that before! One of my friends recently moved to Bristol, was lonely and found it difficult to meet people, she used this website https://www.meetup.com/ where you can put in your interests and social preferences etc and get put with a group of your choice. She chose to join a group called Bristol Girl with lots of other females her age and had a really, really brilliant time. Apparently they are really friendly to newbies and take it upon themselves to really welcome you in. I think it's a really lovely concept.

- Lucy :rainbow:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    This is pretty neat. I quite like that there are so many options out there for people wanting to make friends (or more than friends) online these days. Thanks for sharing. :)

Can also recommend meetup.com too! I haven't used it personally, but some of my friends really dig it.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I don't think I've heard of it, but I do remember seeing an advertisement for an app aimed at female friendships. I personally used Tinder to date for a while, until my friend recommended Lovoo. Lovoo has more features for friendship than Tinder (although some people do use Tinder to look for friends). If you're not specifically looking for female friendships, and you have either an account on either Instagram on Twitter, then I would recommend The Buddy Project. It pairs people up based on their age and interests. I think it's open to anyone over 13, but you are unlikely to be matched with a person your own age if you're over 25. There's a list of interests that you can choose from, and you can choose five each time (first choice, second choice etc). You can sign up for either a single buddy or a group chat, and there is no limit to how many times you can sign up. So far, I've had about three buddies, but I haven't signed up over Instagram or taken part in a group chat, so there are some things I might try.
  • Options
    AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    I've never heard of it either Shaunie. Not until now when reading your post anyway😂
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I noticed an ad for it on Tinder but I haven't seen it anywhere else.