Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help. 16 and depressed.

Elizabeth KnottElizabeth Knott Posts: 1 Just got here
Hello,
I'm 16 and I live in Kentucky. My parents or just my household in general just gives me depression. Sometimes I cry because I just hate veing here. I have a place to go but I don't know if I can with just this reason but I just really hate feeling this way all the time and I know it's not healthy, is there a way I can move out?

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Elizabeth, and welcome to the community. :wave: Glad you found us.

Just to let you know, I've moved your post over to our Health & Wellbeing section where it fits a little better, and should get a few more responses. It's also worth noting that we're a UK based service, so all the information we have is specific to the UK and its laws. That said, hopefully we can still find a way to help you out.

Living somewhere you don't want to live really sucks, and especially if it's having such an impact on your mental health. :( It's really good that you've identified that living at home isn't good for you, though. It can be really hard to realise these things sometimes, so props to you for that. I'm curious as to what it is about living at home that makes you unhappy - is it something specific, or just a general feeling of not liking it there?

As far as United States law goes, unfortunately we can't be of much help when it comes to moving out. It might be worth checking out 211.org, a one-stop organisation based in North America who should be able to help you get the advice and support you need.

Have you ever had any support for your depression? I'm a bit shaky on how things work in the states, but here in the UK, visiting a doctor is a great first step into getting further support for your mental health, as they can always refer you to further help if you need it. :)

Well done for reaching out here, it's a brave thing to do. Keep us updated. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Elizabeth Knott and welcome to the board :wave:

I am sorry to know that you feel this way and you're living such a difficult moment. I don't really have information about the American laws for moving out.
    Is there anyone you know who could help you with that?
    I am going to focus on your feelings and I'd like to ask you if you have already considered the reasons that make you feel this way? Is it living there? Is it something about your family? If yes, what specifically?

If you want this space could be a safe one where to start talk and express your feelings and doubts :heart:

- Fran
  • nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi Elizabeth Knott,

Just checking in to see how you're doing in and if things have improved. Keep us updated :)

-Nish