Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you like on pancakes?

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
Nutella. Gotta be Nutella!!

What do you like on yours?
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    100% agree @independent_ but i put mashed up banana in the pancake mix which makes it extra amazing :heart::pancake flip:
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I put Mirabelle's Chocolate Spread on my pancakes. For taste, it beats the pants off oily Nutella. Or, the juice from a plump thin skinned lemon and a sprinkling of golden caster sugar will do nicely, thank you. :yum:

ETA: Chocolate spread recipe: #6 here: http://www.themix.org.uk/community/forum/chat-debate/travel-free-time/3580551-weekday-recipes
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Strawberries! But love them cooked in the pancakes :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • EstherEsther Deactivated Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    Maple syrup or lemon and sugar
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Just sugar for me :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Omg love lemon and sugar too... it’s my old favourite from when I was little and my mum used to make pancakes as part of the day-to-day routine!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Omg love lemon and sugar too... it’s my old favourite from when I was little and my mum used to make pancakes as part of the day-to-day routine!!

Golden demerara caster sugar (Billington's is so lovely) is very good sprinkled on pancakes, with or without lemon juice. I could eat pancakes any day!
    Mirabelle wrote: »

Golden demerara caster sugar (Billington's is so lovely) is very good sprinkled on pancakes, with or without lemon juice. I could eat pancakes any day!

I used to ask my mum to make me pancakes every single day... when I was at nursery so probably 3 or 4. She always tells people that - and I’m just as routine obsessed now as I (apparently) was then.

I used to ask my mum to make me pancakes every single day... when I was at nursery so probably 3 or 4. She always tells people that - and I’m just as routine obsessed now as I (apparently) was then.

I think it's impressive having such an obsession with your mum's pancakes because you know how wonderful they are, how great they taste. And how good you feel for eating them! This is miles better than obsessing about hating food and not eating it.

Perhaps you should enter the food industry. You already have an outstanding product: "Mum's Awesome Pancake Mix" or similar. Then patent the recipe and trademark its name. :thumb:

I think it's impressive having such an obsession with your mum's pancakes because you know how wonderful they are, how great they taste. And how good you feel for eating them! This is miles better than obsessing about hating food and not eating it.

Perhaps you should enter the food industry. You already have an outstanding product: "Mum's Awesome Pancake Mix" or similar. Then patent the recipe and trademark its name. :thumb:

I have 2 quite good chefs in my family (my mum is just a typical mum and my 18 year old sister is a professional chef in a restaurant)!!

I would... but the kitchen environment is really not for me - it’s just too hot and stressful (and from what my sister tells me I definitely wouldn’t do as well as she does).

Washing the dishes is enough for me. Oh and Micro Noodles. I’m the noodle chef in our house!!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I like mine covered in Oil and the Blood of innocent foreigners!

Oh wait sorry, I was channeling the spirit of neo-conservatism. I actually enjoy lemon juice and sugar, I am a man of simple pleasures.

I have 2 quite good chefs in my family (my mum is just a typical mum and my 18 year old sister is a professional chef in a restaurant)!!

I would... but the kitchen environment is really not for me - it’s just too hot and stressful (and from what my sister tells me I definitely wouldn’t do as well as she does).

Washing the dishes is enough for me. Oh and Micro Noodles. I’m the noodle chef in our house!!

You may never be a professional chef, but I reckon you can still make a good meal if need be and I love your enthusiasm, even for paaancakes! :yum:

You may never be a professional chef, but I reckon you can still make a good meal if need be and I love your enthusiasm, even for paaancakes! :yum:

Deffo not a pro... I'm one for just chucking something in the oven as and when lol!!

Deffo not a pro... I'm one for just chucking something in the oven as and when lol!!

Then that is good, too. It's all cooking. Just that we have different ways of approaching it.