Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Highly experienced addict.. worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I take a substance, daily for several months. Expensive. Was old school back in day, quit years, started again on this, last summer, I know my stuff but in bit of panic. This purchase is cut with something that is worrying me. Heart pounding, feel dreadful, can just deal if distracting self but very scary. Scared to tell services of even girlfriend, she knows I've been doing but pretends not to know. 3g a day. Posting could just be because of panic.. advice may settle me.

I take as im the one everyone turns to, limit hit last summer and started so I could keep being there for everyone. Not great for my relationship.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hey there Jambo,

It is great to see that you are being mindful about what you are doing, and amazing that you want to help yourself so that you can help others! Being worried is only natural, and there are always people to help you through it.

Unfortunately, we aren't experts here so we can't really give you advice. However, there are some sites where they can give you some more expert advice.

The NHS has a website that allows you to find professional services near you which are right for you, which you can view here.

There is also a website called FRANK which gives friendly and confidential advice about substance use here.

I hope this helps! We are definitely here to listen if you ever need :thumb::)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Go to your GP. Get yourself checked out. Tell them and they'll try to help you out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Sazzle1981Sazzle1981 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I agree you need to get some professional advice. I hope everything has worked out for you
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Jambo wrote: »
    I take a substance, daily for several months. Expensive. Was old school back in day, quit years, started again on this, last summer, I know my stuff but in bit of panic. This purchase is cut with something that is worrying me. Heart pounding, feel dreadful, can just deal if distracting self but very scary. Scared to tell services of even girlfriend, she knows I've been doing but pretends not to know. 3g a day. Posting could just be because of panic.. advice may settle me.

I take as im the one everyone turns to, limit hit last summer and started so I could keep being there for everyone. Not great for my relationship.

Thanks in advance

Hi there, Is there anyway you can try to stop it, do you know why you do it? and if you've not been caught by the police before it could pose a risk your future as you don't want to risk getting in trobule with the law.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Just closing this thread and it's been a long while since it was posted and we haven't seen the OP posting back. We can probably consider this thread 'dead'. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.