Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having the worst anxiety lately, I don't know what is causing it but I can sleep or relax but I can't talk to anyone about it because my family doesn't belite in mental health

Comments

• FeatheredDreamsFeatheredDreams Posts: 91 Budding Regular
    Anxiety is weird like that, but you don't need a reason to be anxious, it's fine to feel like that even if it doesn't seem to be caused by anything!

It's sad to hear your family is like that :( Myself, I use online friends and if impossible i use here as a vent (we don't bite and we all experienced a wide range of stuff...the world ain't so crazy when everyone else is mad too ;D) Or if not that, I open up wordpad and write down everything I think about (or paper journal if more convenient)...i've found that writing it down helps too, even if it's not as good as talking to another human, it's better than nothing!

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi there, and welcome to the community.

I know how you feel. It's so difficult when your family just don't seem to get it. We are all here to listen to you, so well done for posting here. It's a really great step to take, just opening up to someone, anyone.

When you're feeling anxious, it's really important to take good care of yourself. Have some alone time. And do something that calms you, like taking a bath or listening to some of your favourite songs. Breathing helps too.

Take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Anxiety can certainly be a bummer and the weird thing is we do not always need reasons as sometimes it can just happen, its normal to feel anxious even with a lack of or no reasons to. have you tried speaking to your parents about it? or maybe a trusted adult or friend? its good to open about these things and can really help to vent them through. is there a possible way you could go to the Drs yourself?
    when anxiety gets particularly bad its important to do what calms you down like taking a bath, listening to certain music, or distracting yourself with a good book or game. breathing exercises and meditation is rather helpful, I have three different meditations I do daily and it really helps keep my heart regulated. there are also chats on here and places like Kooth where you can one to one with an online counsellor that may benefit you, let us know how you're getting on and remember we're always here to help :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Cookieshan wrote: »
    I'm having the worst anxiety lately, I don't know what is causing it but I can sleep or relax but I can't talk to anyone about it because my family doesn't belite in mental health

​I'm always here if you need to talk to me about anything ,I know what its like to have anxiety and when it sometimes can be unexplainable,
    Anxiety is weird like that, but you don't need a reason to be anxious, it's fine to feel like that even if it doesn't seem to be caused by anything!

It's sad to hear your family is like that :( Myself, I use online friends and if impossible i use here as a vent (we don't bite and we all experienced a wide range of stuff...the world ain't so crazy when everyone else is mad too ;D) Or if not that, I open up wordpad and write down everything I think about (or paper journal if more convenient)...i've found that writing it down helps too, even if it's not as good as talking to another human, it's better than nothing!

​Hi. Yeah anxiety can be a weird thing and no one should have to feel anxious. I'm always here for anyone that has to deal with anxiety cause I know what its like
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you everyone for these messagesites, they are very encouraging x
    its okay cookieshan,, you can always PM me if you need to chat about anything I'm always here to listen and will try to help you as much as possible
    Thank you, I finally opened up to my nest frienda about everything but she lIves so far away and works a lot so talking isn't ways easy
    its ok cookieshan, okay x you can open up to me through PM if u need to x
    Thank you but I don't know how, I'm quite new here haha
    go onto my profile then private message x