Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wanted: chat testers

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey guys,

You may have read about the issues we're having with spammers in chat at the moment. See this thread if you haven't ;)

We're working on a couple of cunning plans to stop these spammers from bothering us again. One of these plans involves using some different chat software until our own, new software is ready. This is our backup plan just in case everything else doesn't work.

We've found some software we like, but to make sure it's ready if we need it, we need to test it out and make sure it does everything we need it to do.

That's where you guys come in!

We need a handful of people to come and help us test and set up this backup software. All you need is a phone or computer with internet and a spare couple of hours during the day next week (exact time and day is to be decided).

If you're interested in helping out, just reply in this thread and we'll be in touch via PM next week :)

Look forward to hearing from you!

James
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I've always said, anything to do with testing software I'll help :P
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Happy to help, again depending on the date/time!! :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Im happy to help
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I'd like to help :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    I would like to help
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Im up for helping
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Id love to help!
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thanks for the amazing response folks!! It's great to see so many of you up for helping out :)

We'll be creating a private sub-forum today for us to co-ordinate some testing. Look out for it in the 'Admin' section later on today.

See you there :thumb:

James

----

just to notify you all:
    @horsemad
    @Hann
    @Aidan
    @evie_rose
    @independent_
    @Jess101
    @Jellyelephant
    @Charlotte
    @Abigail
    @louisa982
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oooooh I wan't to come !
    Good stuff @Salix alba :thumb:
    I've given you access to the forum. Feel free to sign up to a session there!

- James

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    i'll help if you still need a hand :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Thanks for the offer Lane!
    We've actually finished testing for now, but there'll be another chance in a few weeks when we start rolling out the new chat software :)
    Keep an eye out for more news about that.

- James

• FeatheredDreamsFeatheredDreams Posts: 91 Budding Regular
    ..late to the party but do yall still need chat testers? if so i hope youre willing to accept a newbie to chats in general :O
  • FeatheredDreamsFeatheredDreams Posts: 91 Budding Regular
    ..nvm i didnt see reply. rip.
    Hey @AzathKelara that's great to hear you're up for testing. Like James said this round of chat testing has now finished but there will be another opportunity very soon so keep an eye out for that :yippe:

- Aife