Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

You guys know what this means?

kian98kian98 Posts: 4 Newbie
so theres this girl i kinda have a crush on so last week I was staring into space & the girl i liked was looking at me while i was staring into space. Then later I was staring at the wall & when i look over she was Leaning her Head Against her Hand While looking at me & smiling. Then the next day she said ” i don’t know why he looks at me.

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Kian, and welcome to the community. :wave:

Given that we don't know either of you, it's hard for us to say for sure over an online forum. Sometimes a smile or a look can just be a smile or a look, but other times it can mean more. It probably depends on the kind of relationship you guys have. Are you friends? Close friends? Acquaintances?

Sometimes, and I know this is really easy for an outsider to say and it's never this simple when you're in it, but one option could just be to ask her if she's in to you. That way you cut out some of the annoying guesswork and riddle-solving that you have to go through to decipher those signals. ;) That's not for everyone though - just one idea.

Maybe some more context could help us answer your question, so feel free to share if you're comfortable. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • kian98kian98 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Mike wrote: »
    Hey Kian, and welcome to the community. :wave:

Given that we don't know either of you, it's hard for us to say for sure over an online forum. Sometimes a smile or a look can just be a smile or a look, but other times it can mean more. It probably depends on the kind of relationship you guys have. Are you friends? Close friends? Acquaintances?

Sometimes, and I know this is really easy for an outsider to say and it's never this simple when you're in it, but one option could just be to ask her if she's in to you. That way you cut out some of the annoying guesswork and riddle-solving that you have to go through to decipher those signals. ;) That's not for everyone though - just one idea.

Maybe some more context could help us answer your question, so feel free to share if you're comfortable. :)

but i dont know why the next day she said "i dont know why he looks at me". so im not sure lolz.

but then last week i was at the mall with my friends & when i turn around i saw a guy looking at me. so im not really sure if that was her and her boyfriend but i only saw a guy looking at me so idk who that was and why a guy was looking at me ahah but im pretty sure it was her
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe the guy was just a friend of hers and he was looking at you because she was talking about you. She may have been talking about you for good reasons or for bad reasons, it's hard to tell.

It's really common for there to be misunderstanding in these situations - you are both relying on "signals", after all. As Mike said, the simplest option would be to straight-up ask her. Another option would be to wait until you catch her looking at you again, then start a conversation (which may be a more natural way of solving things). If you two have any friends in common, you could also talk to them to find out more about her.

• kian98kian98 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Kaze wrote: »
    Maybe the guy was just a friend of hers and he was looking at you because she was talking about you. She may have been talking about you for good reasons or for bad reasons, it's hard to tell.

It's really common for there to be misunderstanding in these situations - you are both relying on "signals", after all. As Mike said, the simplest option would be to straight-up ask her. Another option would be to wait until you catch her looking at you again, then start a conversation (which may be a more natural way of solving things). If you two have any friends in common, you could also talk to them to find out more about her.

yeah but the weird thing is i when i turn around i didnt see her i just saw a guy looking at me lol so im not sure if it was them or not?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hm, so maybe the guy doesn't know her then! Have you thought about telling your friends about it?