Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need need help

SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
edited April 2021 in The Class of The Past
So I'm basically realising my life is a complete mess in terms of my education.

But I have most of 2 years of assisgmemt work to do but because im so far behind -I have the chioce to revise the topics again and to be questions for it all on an a recorder. For first years work Which sounds to scarey . Then still have all of this years work to do.

And I nred 100 hours of work experience. And heard if i don't get it by the end of this week will be kicked out but haven't sorted out my DBS to find any. And I want to end up studying mental health nursing or occupational therapy but I can't find any voluteraning places related to that. And currently basically stuck behind bars again so probably wont be able to do much this week.

I feel like i dont hace enough time for any of this. I go college Monday, Tuesday and friday. And i work weekends. Is it even possible or should just give up now.

They dont kick me out because ive been unwell but I wanted to give up ages ago but My care co ordinator was so forceful about my education. I don't know what to do. And it's nearly the end of thr year. I want to do well but now is just not the right time and I can't communicate that so I go to lessons doing nothing. But just found out they are going to be bringing out OT aapprenticeships which sounds morr achievable.

I dont know why i cant just say i can't do this but will feel like a failure and they expect to much from me. Or just do the work. :( lifes to stressful
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by Emma_ on

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Hey Shaunie,

Sorry to hear that education is stressing you out right now. It definitely can be difficult to get two year’s worth of work in one, but it’s not impossible either. Since you’ve missed out with being unwell, I think it would be good to talk to your care co-ordinator and your teachers about how you feel with the work load and see if anything else can be done to help.

When it comes to revision, try different things. Make mind maps, write out notes and then record yourself reading them and play it back often to help you memorise things. Use flash cards etc. Revision sessions don’t need to be too long- a burst of 20 minutes followed by a small break and then another 20 minutes etc., may be more effective than trying to cram everything in. Also, look at everything you need to study and focus most of your time on the things that you don’t feel confident on. And remember that there is no shame in asking for help- that’s what teachers and your care co-ordinator are there for 😊

Who is sorting the DBS out? Either the college needs to do the DBS check or the place that you want to volunteer at will do the DBS for you. It shouldn’t take too long if you have all the documents that you need. I’m also wondering if someone can help you find a suitable placement? It can be difficult finding one on your own so I understand the frustration there. Perhaps look at charities and organisations, schools, hospital etc in your area and ask if you can volunteer. Otherwise, it can help to use websites like Do-it.org https://do-it.org/
    to help with your search.

It must be tiring going to college and working, as well as trying to fit in work placement and of course time for yourself too! I understand that it can feel tempting to give up, but it’s not worth it. You’ve come so far despite the challenges and set-backs that you’ve gone through. It also sounds conflicting that your care co-ordinator wants you to continue with your education when you feel differently. Maybe it’s worth talking (or even writing a note) to your care co-ordinator explaining how you feel? It’s still worth trying, and even if things don’t go well, it sounds like you have OT apprenticeship to look into so all is not lost! 😊

You are not a failure. I think anyone in your situation would feel the same as you. Perhaps just give it your best shot and see what happens? You’ve got nothing to lose either way.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Maisy.

Thank you! This is very helpful.

I knew there was a site for volunteering just forgot what it was called!
    Unfortunately the tutors only help specific people who are actually doing well in the corse. I've asked for help from them but given up now. Wont even make an action plan with me. When basically forcing others to do their work.

I did start one place (went one day) while they tried to sort my DBS and refences out but it was in a hospice and I found it to upsetting. And would only take me on because of family member working there.
    Otherwise no one else will i ve emailed and rang a few schools and care homes to be told they already have volunteers or to not even get a reply from many:(

Youre right. I'll just keep trying and see what happens. Way to late to drop out now

Thank you!!:)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley