Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Worrying

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
I went to the doctors last Friday to have a blood test and she did my blood pressure too and it was way to high she concerningly said so I'm going back Tuesday for more blood tests and also to have 24h blood monitor. Has anyone had one before? Do I have to carry a monitor round with me for 24hours? How does it work? Is the monitor small. Why would my blood pressure be too high?

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy.
    Hope everything is okay.

I haven't had a 24 hour blood monitor thing. But ive had many 24 hour ECG's from being under weight and low heart rate and pressure. And wasn't anything to worry about to much. I think they would be similar but just be a cuff thing around your arm - instead of stickers on your chest.

And the machine goes around waist with a belt. Which is quiet hard to cover up. Think some of the monitored vary in size but not to massive. And probably womt be able to have a shower or bath or get in contact with water the whole 24 hours. But not sure. Have you searched on the internet for this?

High blood pressure can be from drinking, smoking, being over weight and more which is may be on the NHS website. And could probably find videos on YouTube or somewhere of it being fitted on.

Hopefully they will find the cause and treat it

Sorry if i wasn't much help. Hopefully someone else may be . Keep us updated on how it goes? :)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie

Was of help thanks and will do 😌
    Went to the doctors today for blood tests and to have the 24h blood pressure monitor fitted this morning and then to see the dr we got there and the receptionist told us that the nurse and the doctor wasent in. So now I've got to wait another week and I'm booked in, a week tomorrow to have the blood tests and the 24h blood pressure monitor fitted. My surgery is useless didnt phone us this morning to say they wasent in like they should have done just wasted our bloody time. My anxiety was through the roof too about this appointment and now I have to be anxious for another week, all the drs at my surgery are so arragont too!😔
    Haha Aidan 🤣 that did make me laugh your attitude towards it!

I like to know what things are and if there are things that are making my BP too high then it could be treated.

Surgerys shouldnt be naff they should have excellance standards towards their patients.
    🤣 I wanted to make themix pretty and pink