Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Random but needed to be said.

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
And the award goes to...... @Mike for being the person who changes his account picture the most. ahahahahah (sorry had to do it!) :hyper::):d
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Haha! I've changed mine about 20 times this afternoon trying to get animated gifs to work. Don't mind me. ;)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Mike wrote: »
    Haha! I've changed mine about 20 times this afternoon trying to get animated gifs to work. Don't mind me. ;)

Say if you posted a really long reply, I wouldn't be able to read it, cause that animation is hurting my eyes just reading this! Haha!
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Mike wrote: »

Ah okay. I was wondering - looks pretty cool now :)

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    That's a nice AV Mike. I took me ages to get my animation working. Can't remember how I even did it now.
    Weekender Offender 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Ha! I didn't think it was possible until I noticed you were using one, @Skive. From what I can tell, the file size needs to be super small and the image needs to be below 200x200px (if it needs to be resized it strips out the animation). Did you make yours from scratch?

@meggles as above - if you can find an animated gif below 200x200 pixels on Google images, it should work. The ones with larger file sizes won't work though (so anything really fancy probably won't).
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    I've had this animation as my avatar since 2001, but an update to TheSite/TheMix removed it and it was then incompatible. I had to do some editing of each frame to get it to work - though I really can't recall what that was, or even what too I used - probably GIMP.
    Weekender Offender 
    I do like the fact that avatars, including the animations now even appear on the forum view. Very cool.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    I might change mine later today. Got to go food shopping now with my parents. - hope you're okay @meggles *hug*

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    I got one to work not the best but it going to play around and try editing some.