Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should I get an abortion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I found I'm pregnant to by abusive ex. I have no intention of getting back with him and I have a consultation appointment tomorrow to have an abortion but I don't know if I want to. He is a good dad to his 1st and only child but he's said he wants to keep but that it's not such a good idea with our situation because he hasn't got his own place and been a single parent again. This would be my first so it's so hard :-(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would advise you to abort the foetus. If you don't, you'll be permanently linked to this violent man whom you want out of your life. You'll think about him every day. You'll think of him every time you look at the baby. You'd have to see your abuser many times. Think about what it would be like for a child to have a violent father. Violent tendencies and personality traits are often hereditary.

Do you really know what he's like as a father? Can you be certain that he doesn't have other children whom he hasn't told you about, whom he doesn't care about?

This is your decision alone, not his. If you haven't told him, don't do so. That's because he'll try to talk you out of the abortion in order to tie you to him for life.

You're young and you have plenty of time to have children with someone who's good and whom loves you.

I knew someone who was in a very similar position to you. She was talked into having the baby by her violent ex - and every day she regretted that she didn't have an abortion.

As Kate says, asking uninvolved people on here is a good idea.
    Thank you plugitin I will have a look at that link. Thank you Robert I certainly don't want to be tied to a man like this. I have thought and wondered if he is actually a good dad. I guess it would be the right thing for me
    You can't trust what he says, because you know he was being dishonest with texting other girls etc.