Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do you know

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I've just joined because basically I'm confused so I'm hoping some of yous can help , I'm not sure if I'm just intrigued or if I might actually be bisexual.I feel as if I might but I'm just in a indenial stage

Comments

• AliceInWonderlandAliceInWonderland Posts: 18 Settling in
    Hi PrivateG,

Welcome to the boards. It sounds like you're dealing with a lot of confusion right now but it's great that you're posting for support. You're definitely not alone and lots of others are trying to figure the same things out. Have you talked to anyone else about your feelings, or is this the first time?

You might want to take a look at our article on being bi-curious http://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/sexuality/bi-curious-3349.html, hopefully that and some of our other resources can help answer some questions.

I'm sure others in the community are dealing, or have dealt with the same questions so hopefully they can give you some insight and support. Again, it's really great that you're posting and getting involved with the community!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hey PrivateG, welcome :)

There can be a lot of confusing feelings flying around, so it's natural to feel uncertain or even in denial about them!

Would you feel comfortable with starting to perhaps experiment with potentially being bisexual (e.g. looking for experiences with people of the same gender) or even allowing yourself a crush of the same gender?

Being in denial is absolutely fine too - but so is experimenting. Make sure you take things at your own pace, and whatever the outcome good luck :)