Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A new chapter

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Back in 2012, I wrote a Christmas speech - some of you might remember it the first time around, others won't at all. For those who like a bit of nostalgia, you can read it here

Anyhow, I guess the main thing that speech tells you is that I've been here a reallllllllllly long time. Since 2005 to be exact. And after an incredible 11 years with The Mix, I'm finally moving on.

I can't begin to tell you how much this place means to me. I get so much joy from the knowledge of the relationships built here, the support shared and the fun had. This really is a wonderful community and if there's one hope I have after I leave - it's that you get the functionality you deserve to use this space to its full potential!

For those who don't know me so well - that's because I've been working really hard behind the scenes to support the great work that James and Steph do here - as well as supporting the helpline. I've been around a bit more in the last week or so because I remembered just how lovely it is - and I've really enjoyed spotting the new faces!

In terms of what's next - I'll be continuing to help out with chats in Dec and Jan - but from then, who knows in what ways I may pop in.

However for the most part I'll be gone from the building and that feels like a massive deal, so goodbye it is.

Big love to you all - and special shout out to all the mods who help to keep this place ticking over.

Stay cool :cool:

**Helen**

Comments

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    HELEN YOU CAN'T LEAVE AS WELL :(

There won't be any more of the original 3 (from when I joined) soon :(

Well good luck with whatever you're choosing to do in the future, you will be ever so missed.

Hann <3
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good luck Helen!
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Awwww Helen! Just wanted to say a massive good luck to you in whatevery you may be doing next... You've done an amazing job here!

Good luck for the future.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Thanks lovelies! Gonna miss you all loads.
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    noooooo everyone always leaves. Goodbye Helen!! :( - Wishing you all the best for the future, you will do amazing at whatever you choose to do.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Good luck Helen! :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Good Luck Helen xx

Don't disappear for ever. Become a lurker like me :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Best of luck with the future Helen.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Good luck for the future Helen.

Thank you for all your support, it's been lovely to know you. I hope things go well for you in the future.

Your going to be missed a lot.

Take care :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Good luck Helen :)
    You will be missed by us all here Helen :heart:

Best of luck with whatever your future holds xxx
    Ew Helen no, why!? :( good luck with whatever you do. This place won't be the same without you :heart:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Skive wrote: »
    Good Luck Helen xx

Don't disappear for ever. Become a lurker like me :)

I started out as a lurker - these things go full circle ;)
    I hope I'm not too late in replying to this...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me in the past, I've said it before and I do mean it that you guys were there when I had nobody to turn to and it really changed my life as cheesy as that sounds. You helped with not just the practical things such as housing but also the emotional side and trying to deal with life in general.

Like many other (older! EEK) users I don't pop in much anymore but I do lurch occasionally and I just wanted to say ta ra! and good luck for whatevers next.

Even though most people have moved on now TheSite will still have a place in my heart, without this place I wouldn't be where I am now and I would never have met my now husband! (as of 11 days ago!!), and it will always be in the stories of how we first met. At this time in my life I have never been happier and its down in part to my lovely new husband and also down to you and the gang that were around at a time when I needed hope.

So thank you and good luck for the future! xx