Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does Anybody Feel the Same Way...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
I'm just about to turn 16 and am really struggling to find other girls who are possible relationship candidates! In the past, I have had a couple of fleeting relationships with girls, but they were a while ago and I've struggled to find anything since. I'm a feminine girl who is also attracted to other feminine girls-but I just can't seem to find anyone who fits this criteria, and I feel alone.

A lot of other people my age are in relationships-or at least, talking to people. But there's just no one around me who seems to be "girly" and into girls. Although it sounds really petty, it is beginning to depress me.

I don't know what I aimed to achieve by writing this really, but maybe to talk to someone who is in a similar situation and feels the angst that I do? It would be great to hear from you if you can relate :)
Thank you for reading!
Bea x

Comments

• Options
    Hey Hun,

I understand and know how you're feeling but you must bear in mind that you're only 15 and have your whole life ahead of you. You will find and meet someone one day, we promise.

We're here if you'd like to talk some more though

Hannah
  • Options
    Thanks Hannah :) I think it is just the fact that I feel like the only one-it makes things difficult. Your response means a lot :) x
  • Options
    Hey Bea:wave:

Like Hannah said you're nearly 16 and have your whole life ahead of you so try not to worry too much (I know this is easier said than done!). As you get older there will be more places to meet people such as online dating, bars, clubs, holidays etc so try not to give up. Have you tried talking to any of your friends who are in relationships about how you are feeling?

Try not to feel like your the only one, there are plenty of people feeling exactly the same*hug*
  • Options
    Bea wrote: »
    Thanks Hannah :) I think it is just the fact that I feel like the only one-it makes things difficult. Your response means a lot :) x

Hey,

Honestly, you would be surprised as to how many people are feeling this way-Some just can't find the right words or would prefer keeping it to themselves.

I am 19 years old, 20 in a couple of months time, and have only just lost 'it' with a guy!

Hannah
  • Options
    Oh really? :) Are you still a thing with him? That's okay though, it's an individual thing. I "lost it" when I had just turned 15, it only had a bad impact on me because I was dumped the next day :/
  • Options
    Sorry LC, I didn't see this! I know, but I guess it's hard in the mean time :) I have, yes, but they don't get it-they kind of just laugh it off. Whilst I understand that it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, I still feel miserable about it, and to me it's a very real fear, you know? But thank you so much for commenting, it means a lot! :) x
  • Options
    Yes, really!!

Sorry to hear that you were dumped the very next day after your virginity was taken as that must have been hard.

Hannah
  • Options
    Bea wrote: »
    Sorry LC, I didn't see this! I know, but I guess it's hard in the mean time :) I have, yes, but they don't get it-they kind of just laugh it off. Whilst I understand that it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, I still feel miserable about it, and to me it's a very real fear, you know? But thank you so much for commenting, it means a lot! :) x

Hey no worries :)
    You say you are soon to be turning 16, does this mean you will be leaving school next year to go to college/new job?