Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nan in hosp?

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hi.

So brief outline of what happened..
I woke up this morning and went for a cigarette, my nan joined me for 1 out the back garden, i then went back upstairs for an hour as i was travelling all day yesterday.. so after an hour of being upstairs my mum is screaming for me so i woke my brother up and we ran downstairs. My nan was laying on the floor below a 5-6 foot wall. We got her to wake up but she was very confused and had visual injuries. Injury to eye, huge lump on her head, her hands and legs. Later found out her left side was in agony with a possible breakage. Was struggling to breath aswell. We waited just over an hour for an ambulance. She did know where she was, what happened etc. After telling her what happened she would repeat the question, it went on for about 45 mins then she got very tired and we had to try keep her awake.

It seems she was putting washing on the line and fell 5-6 foot off the wall and landed on her side. My mum doesnt know i was awake this morn then went back up for an hour. When she finds that out she will blame me for it as she will start shouting at me asking why i didnt help her do the washing (i didnt know she was).. if i had come downstairs half hour before it happened it wouldnt of bloody happened 😭

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Ooh Kayden - that must have been so scary to go through. :(

It can be important to remember that we're all human beings, and some things that happen are actually nobody's fault. Like you said, you didn't know she was doing the washing by herself so there's no way you could have stopped things. You could argue that if you went downstairs earlier, if this or that happened then things might be different, but ultimately you could spend all day coming up with those scenarios in your head. The only scenario that really matters is the one that happened, and it certainly doesn't sound like you were at fault. *hug*

I realise it's been a couple of days since you posted this, so how're you and your nan now? Have things settled a bit?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.