Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eating leading to feeling sick.

AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
Hey guys,

I felt a lot better during Ramadan (The holy month of fastiing) - I didn't go through stomach pains, or headaches, and felt alive and well other than occasional fatigue. However, like since Ramadan has finished, and I've gone back to my normal eating routines, I've been in so much pain after eating, like my back would ache, as well as my stomach, and for the life of me, I don't quite no why. Also having to deal with throat burning, like it's a cold burn. So yeah...

Obviouslly, I know I need to go to my GP about this, which I will do in time, however, I was wondering if anyone felt similar? I've also been quite constipared and had diarrehea (Details, I know, sorry!) I've also been more tired than I was during Ramadan. Like Ramadan I was tired, cause wasn't really sleeping, or getting energy from food and hydration.

I would say I was quite healthy, not really a breakfast person, don't eat out much, if at all at the moment, I'm a Vegan, so don't consume animal products that could be causing it. I don't eat large quantaties, I eat till I'm full and avoid snacking. So I don't really know why my body is battling with me, so would be great if anyone knew what might be causing it and what I could do to stop feeling the way I am. I didn't even have the energy to go into town with my friends, which I normally adore!

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Haven't been able to properly eat all day (Like the past few weeks, I was managing half a meal) cause I feeel so horrendously sick and pukey, my stomach hurts so much.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Are you stressed at the moment?
    Could your body be struggling to adapt to eating more regularly? I know sometimes if I haven't eaten for ages, going and eating makes me feel really bloated and gives me stomach pains.

One other thing I thought of - depending on what you're eating, perhaps your body just doesn't get on with it? I know some grains and vegetables make me really ill - my body just can't get along with them. Maybe do a test to see what you're eating and what gives you the worst issues after then avoid that? It could be that as you move to a more regular eating schedule this is heightened?

I know you're trying to avoid snacking - but perhaps small regular meals might work best for you at the mo whilst you try to work out your stomach issues?
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    plugitin wrote: »
    Are you stressed at the moment?
    Could your body be struggling to adapt to eating more regularly? I know sometimes if I haven't eaten for ages, going and eating makes me feel really bloated and gives me stomach pains.

One other thing I thought of - depending on what you're eating, perhaps your body just doesn't get on with it? I know some grains and vegetables make me really ill - my body just can't get along with them. Maybe do a test to see what you're eating and what gives you the worst issues after then avoid that? It could be that as you move to a more regular eating schedule this is heightened?

I know you're trying to avoid snacking - but perhaps small regular meals might work best for you at the mo whilst you try to work out your stomach issues?

It's like after eating where stomach pains incrase, like just had Dinner, and I've just been shadowed with fatigue, and my stomach feels like it once to throw up, also been running to the washroom more than I ever have. I don't eat meals that are large, so reducing it isn't an option I'm afraid. I'm not stressed at the moment, I don't really have much to stress over, moved into my third year house, but at home at the moment. So not really dealing with stress I need to deal with, haha. It was similar a few days before Ramadan, but I can't hack spicy food like in the slightest, without being in more pain, so I've stopped eating spicy stuff completely, but it hasn't done much. I eat quite a bit of wheat, like in cereals, etc. Like, it's strange how much stuff contains wheat, still in pain. Like I don't even need to eat to be in pain. Like yesterday I ate nowt as just felt sick.