Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do I deal with depression I'm really badly depressed please help I'm going mad.

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Bubblegum, :wave:

Welcome to the boards and thanks for posting this thread. Sorry to hear that you're feeling really badly depressed. Sounds like it's tough time for you at the moment. How long have you been feeling this way for?

We've got some info here which are some articles about depression which could be useful to read. :chin:

We've also got a live chat happening tonight online in our chat rooms which is called Support Circle. If you'd like to book a place to come along to it, there's more info and a sign up form here.

It's great that you're looking for some help for yourself. :yes:
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Bubblegum,

I adore the username, it's so cute ^.^ - Warm welcomes to TheMix message boards :wave: - How are you doing today? - Everyone deals with depression differntly, some cope better, some don't, etc, it varies completely on the individual, would you like to tell us a bit more about what's going on for you?

Are you currently getting support for your depression? - It's not for everyone, but I've found, talking therapies to be really helpful exploring mood swings, and all that m'larkey, also a way to feel less alone, and often when I have felt exceptionally low, I've turned to this place, ranted my heart out, you won't get replies straight away here, but you will always get a reply, but it can be a way to just let everything out really.

Were here for you ^.^ - If you did want to talk to someone on a 1-2-1 basis however, there are helplines you can contact, who will always be willing to listen, for example Samaritans, etc.

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi whispersoftheheart!
    Thanks for replying! !! ! Yeah talking really helps. I'm so glad this is such a supportive place. I'm better with my depression. Yes talking therapy really really really really helps!!! I just started and it works wonders.
    Hows it going with you?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why does no one believe me I have depression
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Em, :wave:

Thanks for posting here, what makes you say that no one believes you that you have depression, who doesn't believe you?

You're more than welcome to start your own thread if you'd like to too. :thumb:

Not sure if you've seen this article but we have lots of information here about Understanding depression and how to get help.

We also have live group Support chat's Sunday-Thursday night from 8pm-9.30pm if you'd like to come along you can find out more here

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,608 Legendary Poster
    Hi Bubblegum,

I'm so sorry to hear about how you are feeling. It's great to hear that talking therapy has been helping you to feel better. Yes, this is a supportive community of people who might well be going through the same things that you are. I was just wondering if you've tried support chat or support circle? Support chat can be on the busy side but you can talk to young people (and trained moderators) about your feelings and you will be listened to and supported. Support circle gives you an opportunity to talk about the way you feel in a more structured environment and it gives you your own allotted time.

You're definitely not alone here!
    Stay strong.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”