Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone got help off support workers for your mental health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have emailed and rang Mind and waiting for a reply back should hopefully get the email reply back in the week, just would like to know if anyone has help off support workers and did you do self referral? :)

Comments

• Options
    Hey becky - i just wanted to bump this thread up for you as I'm sure there are others here who can share their experience of getting help from support workers.

Well done for ringing Mind - did you find them helpful?
  • Options
    Hi Becky,

I do not currently receive any professional help from any health services(although this is in the process since a recent diagnosis I've been given...

Well Done for having the courage to email Mind about this and ask for some support for yourself-I'm wondering if you've had an email back from them in regards to this yet?

One of the suggestions I've been given by my local mental health team though is having a recovery support worker, so very similar, if not the same, as you've posted about here.

I am here anytime you need to rant or talk to someone-We are all here for you.

How are you feeling?

Hannah x
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    becky wrote: »
    I have emailed and rang Mind and waiting for a reply back should hopefully get the email reply back in the week, just would like to know if anyone has help off support workers and did you do self referral? :)

Hello there Becky,

A massive warm welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave: It's always great to see newbies approaching the message boards for support. I have personally never done a self referral, so I'm afraid I can't say much on that front, however, I have been involved greatly with mental health services from a young age. I have recently started working with a new support worker, who explores things related to you, your struggles, etc. I love the aspect of how focussed it is on you as an individual rather than the external factors that psychology has on us.

Did you hear back from Mind at all? Remember, were here for you through out the journey, and you don't have to man any of this alone, keep posting! Do keep us updated on how things are going for you! I look forward to hearing a reply :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    hey sorry ive not been on here much but Mind emailed me back and no they wasn't very helpful :( and im okay well sort of, had a few awful weeks but been okay since, I think x
  • Options
    What did Mind say?Why wasn't their reply helpful?

Always here for you x
  • Options
    Hi Becky,

I'm sorry you found that the reply from Mind wasn't very helpful. They do have some information and support topics on their website - was there anything in particular you were looking for help with from them? I wonder if you found it helpful when you called them.

Good to hear you've been doing a bit better recently - feel free to keep posting here if you feel it helps :)

We're here if you'd like to talk *hug*