Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Really Low Self Care😢

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My self care is really low and unhealthy.It makes me feel disgusting and ashamed.

I have only brushed my teeth once since November 18th.

I eat junk food so often-To match how I feel.

My acne is becoming worse.

I rarely wash my hair and only bathe 3 times a week, if that.

Please don't judge for how disgusting etc I am 😢

Hannah x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Hannah,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with self care - we're not here to judge but to listen and offer support *hug*

Is there anything in particular you think may be the reason for your low self care? Often stressful things happening in our lives can lead to self neglect, which can consequently lead to feeling low or ashamed and so forth.

You've done well in identifying your situation, and been brave in opening up about it on here :yes: If it's something you feel able to start working on, do you think you can come up with some ideas for a self care routine? It might be worth thinking about just taking each day as it comes and tackling things one by one :)
    Hello,

Thank you for not judging me and being understanding about this.

I have been through a lot and going through a lot and it's all affecting me in a variety of ways.

I have to take each day as it comes as a general thing anyways, to be honest.

The problems with this though is that I wear a brace so the vast lack of teeth bushing is not good but I can't seem to bring myself to do it as often as needed and have not done it again meaning that ive still only done that once in almost two months now. I suffer with diagnosed hyperhidrosis as well :S

Argh Im so disgusting and so dirty :(

Hannah x

Aspects of my physical, mental and emotional health are all affecting one another and my self care is still really low and nothing less :crying::crying::banghead::banghead:xx
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey :heart:

Firstly wanted to offer you some *hug*s

Wanted to see how your feeling today? I am so sorry to hear how your struggling.

Keep posting we care about you
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Thank you so much.

I'm feeling so down, so lost, so confused, so fed up, so irritated etc etc :crying::crying::banghead::banghead::crying::crying::banghead::banghead:

I'm used to struggling though, I really am...I just often hide it all inside,,,,xx
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Do you want to chat more about what's going on?

We care
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I have been thinking a lot about the first part of the psychiatric assessment I had last week.

My low self care and all health are affecting another. This is horrible.

I keep arguing with people around me, including family.

I have so many things for work and so much coursework to do, as well as tidying and sorting things out, but have very little motivation and energy.

I keep crying :crying::crying::crying:

It's nice to know that few care. xx
    I don't know how to make this better. I feel so lost and down. I keep crying and hate it all :banghead::crying:
    Thank you for your advice here, it means a lot to me.I have tried all of those things before and a lot of others too but nothing hardly ever works :( I doubt it will be but hey :s z
    😰💔
    Hey Hannah,

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling with self-care *hug*

You are most likely not alone in this, others may have experienced what you're going through. You mentioned that aspects of your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing impact on each other - it can be a tough cycle to break. Do you think that identifying just one thing and picking up from there might be a way forward? Mind has some useful reading on Self-care ideas which may help to start you off :yes:

We're here to help you through whatever you decide, baby steps :)
    Hi Raich,

That's okay, I am used to feeling like this and having really low self care and motivation/energy levels too.

I still have not been brushing my teeth.

I am still binge eating on junk food a lot.

I am covered in spots..

And more.....:crying::banghead: