Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fed up!!

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I give up.......i may sound like an attention seeker but my english teacher wont listen to me- i am really uncomfortable with what we are researching in class, all it does is triggers a panic attack plus i feel like shit tonight anyway.......im fed up, sorry if i didnt make any sense :crying::no::banghead:
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    have you talked to the head of English?
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    my teacher is the head of english :(
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    Have you tried explaining to her properly?

Why is it you feel she's not listening?x
  • Options
    Is it a case of her not listening, or her not being able to do anything about the situation? because they're two very different things
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there JPeople,

I'm sorry to hear what's happening, however, drop the judgements, you're not an attention seeker, and I highly doubt anyone on here thinks that neither, I defo don't - You're a joy to have in the community. What happens when you do speak to your teacher about the situation? - I used to really struggle with a specific subject, but was to afraid to approach the teacher, so for you to even consider it, is amazing, I'm proud of you. Do you have a head of year you could approach instead? - Not to sure if it's an option for you, but if they're not listening when they should be, bring parents in?

Often there is sadly little that can be done, other than removing you from the class, therefore meaning that you are loosing valuable education time, you could ask to take breaks in-between as and when you felt needed? My college tutors used to let me do that!

Keep us updated on how things are going for you though, were here for you JPeople!

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart