Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lets talk TV

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
edited January 2023 in General Chat
After looking through this topic, I can find threads about films and books but nothing about TV. Hence I thought it would be cool to share with each other what we are currently watching, the good, bad and ugly TV shows, series we are addicted to and just anything related to TV!

Looking forward to hearing what you are all watching :heart:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I'll be honest once I get hooked on a series I can't stop watching it- friends, desperate housewives and pretty little liars to name a few :heart:

Haven't watched much TV recently but now that I have a month off uni, I'm looking for a new series!

Came across Homeland on Netflix, wasnt sure if I'd like it but gave it a shot. I've only watched a few episodes but this could be a potential winner for me :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is netflix included??
    Hollyoaks is always a must for me! I watch it everyday if I can, If not I get my parents to record it for me :P I'm currently in to tatoo fixers, masterchef australia, eastenders and also elementary!
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Is netflix included??
    Hollyoaks is always a must for me! I watch it everyday if I can, If not I get my parents to record it for me :P I'm currently in to tatoo fixers, masterchef australia, eastenders and also elementary!

Of course :) Netflix is TV in my book :p

Love hollyoaks , but I'm so behind! I haven't watched it in ages, I need to get back into it!!

Sounds awesome, what's elementary about???
    Since netflix counts, I'm rewatching Orange is the new black and also Orphan Black!
    Elementary is very similar to sherlock holmes, I personally find it to be better
    Great thread apandav :d

Friends is my all time fave TV show :heart:

I was looking for a new series too and just started watching Homeland about two weeks ago - already on Season 3! It's really good :eek:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I can't wait for pretty little liars to start again on netflix.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

I so need to catch up on this!!

I so need to catch up on this!!

Yes yeah you do!! What season you on?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    only on season 3! very far behind
    only on season 3! very far behind

You can catch up. If not... want me to give you a run down of all the seasons. Hahaha
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I love Homeland too! Missed the latest season as I had completely forgotten what happened before so I'm going to watch that after I've finished my current love: The Bridge.

It's a Danish-Swedish produced series and the third one just aired on BBC4. The first two are available on Netflix. It's a crime drama where police forces have to work together because parts happen in both Malmo and Copenhagen. The lead Swedish cop is thought to have an autistic spectrum disorder (but this is never explicitly said) and the way she acts is absolutely fantastic. I know not all of you will be into subtitled dramas, but it really is fantastic :heart:
    Doctor who but last of this series on Christmas day so gosh knows when that will start again D: I never miss eastenders or corrie - sometimes I record it and end up with like five to catch up on! I've been watching the royale family a lot lately - pretty much watched all of the seasons when I was poorly and fell in love with it. My all time favourite thing is Miranda and I literally watch it every night - I swear I know all of the words to all of the episodes by now! :d
    Is it just me who finds there isn't much on over Christmas? I've been watching a lot of films and other stuff I've recorded. At least it means I've got space to record other things.

I tend to watch a lot of films (kids ones, usually) documentaries and game shows, such as The Chase and Countdown.

I love PLL, I only started watching it this year .........it's addicting :)
    raich wrote: »
    Great thread apandav :d

Friends is my all time fave TV show :heart:

I was looking for a new series too and just started watching Homeland about two weeks ago - already on Season 3! It's really good :eek:

I love friends too, got the boxset for Christmas one year........ I watched every episode after 3 months!!
    I have the box set to Waterloo Road I'm obsessed i watch an episode on my way to work on my portable dvd player in the car. Why not aye!
    Melian wrote: »
    Is it just me who finds there isn't much on over Christmas? I've been watching a lot of films and other stuff I've recorded. At least it means I've got space to record other things.

I tend to watch a lot of films (kids ones, usually) documentaries and game shows, such as The Chase and Countdown.

I'm the same , I just find new series to watch in Netflix instead.

I love kids films too........I think I like them more now compared to when I was a kid lol

I also enjoy watching the chase, it's fun trying to answer the questions, half of which I have no clue........ I just keep hoping for science questions!!!
    apandav wrote: »

I love PLL, I only started watching it this year .........it's addicting :)

Yeah it's really good. :thumb:

I'm the same , I just find new series to watch in Netflix instead.

I love kids films too........I think I like them more now compared to when I was a kid lol

I also enjoy watching the chase, it's fun trying to answer the questions, half of which I have no clue........ I just keep hoping for science questions!!!

I'm slightly worried about the amount of useless information I've picked up from watching quiz shows! Pointless is good too.
    Melian wrote: »

I'm slightly worried about the amount of useless information I've picked up from watching quiz shows! Pointless is good too.

Haha :p !!! Well you could always go on a quiz show yourself ?!?

Haha :p !!! Well you could always go on a quiz show yourself ?!?

I'll pass on that, thank you!
    Homeland is bae but it was the last episode of season 5 last night :(
    I watched 6 seasons of PLL in a month oopsss
    Enchanted wrote: »
    Homeland is bae but it was the last episode of season 5 last night :(
    I watched 6 seasons of PLL in a month oopsss

love it when I you get addicted to a new programme but it's crap when you get up to date !!!
    I'll refer to my Trakt profile, easier to see than listing. Only thing that isn't really on there are quiz shows, because I vaguely watch them these days since I don't watch TV, I catch the odd one here and there when I bother to use catchup stuff.

http://trakt.tv/users/javakrypt

I need to catch up on Fargo, Limitless, The Middle at the mo, at least the ones I'm interested in catching up on.
    I started watching Homeland about a week ago and now I'm halfway through season 3!!!! :hyper:

I spent two days watching it non-stop
    I started watching Homeland about a week ago and now I'm halfway through season 3!!!! :hyper:

I spent two days watching it non-stop

Addictive isn't it! I've just started Season 4 :d
    raich wrote: »

Addictive isn't it! I've just started Season 4 :d

Very :d
    I'm currently addicted to 'Community' on Netflix - the episodes are pretty short so it's very easy to say to yourself 'just one more'!

It's a comedy set in an American community college and it's very easy watching :)
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    I love all the Australian soaps like Neighbours and Home and Away :)
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Always forget how much I enjoy "Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway", gone off TV a bit but this really cheered me up at the weekend......was laughing my head off, this young womans parents followed her everywhere and she didn't know, until they showed videos on the show :hyper: Also like seeing how many questions I can get right and looking forward to the Simon Cowell thing on saturday :)