Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite Summer memories 2015

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

fetch?type=thumb&filedataid=17297

Yo dudes :wave:

As the summer is over, I thought it would be a cool idea to start a thread sharing our Summer memories.

For me, I have a few memories, but I think getting to spend times with family and friends. Trips to London :heart:

Hope everyone has had a lovely summer.

Have fun sharing your summer memories

Sharing is caring :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey, great thread idea!

Would be good to hear a bit more detail about your particular memories - are there specific moments with friends or family that stand out?

One of my best times from the summer was at an Indian wedding - my first time in a Gurdwara watching a Sikh ceremony - was really quite spectacular!

It looked something like this:

Guru-Nanak-Gurdwara-photograph.jpg
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks Helen.

And cool memory btw :heart:

I guess one of my favourite memories was when me and the younger sister went shopping. She is 12 and she experienced trying clothes on in shops and paying for things herself, we had a lovely day and it was great to spend some quality time with her.

Another fave memory has to be when me and friend went to London. Lots of giggles happened and had a fab weekend with friend
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

I guess one of my favourite memories was when me and the younger sister went shopping. She is 12 and she experienced trying clothes on in shops and paying for things herself, we had a lovely day and it was great to spend some quality time with her.

That sounds Ace! :d
    **helen** wrote: »

That sounds Ace! :d

It was a great day :heart:
    I guess we don't really have a typical sibling relationship cos of the age gap and me being so much older but I try and look out for her.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Has got to France. Ireland was pretty decent too.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I think there's been a few for me! Shooting the sunset from Waterloo Bridge in London in July has to be a highlight for me; I have some stunning pictures from then! There's also a run I did on the way home from London around some parks in East London that I really enjoyed and has to be a favourite memory.

The other one is visiting a friend in Germany and having a really great weekend :)
    Cute cinema dates with H in cornwall and Plymouth pride
    Love this thread! Especially as I sit in my home office, watching the rain, rain, rain...

My favourite summer memory was getting engaged :heart: :eek: hadn't told you that had I ... hehehe

Also, having my nephew to stay and watching his amazement when we found some baby toads :d

plugitin wrote: »
    I think there's been a few for me! Shooting the sunset from Waterloo Bridge in London in July has to be a highlight for me; I have some stunning pictures from then! There's also a run I did on the way home from London around some parks in East London that I really enjoyed and has to be a favourite memory.

The other one is visiting a friend in Germany and having a really great weekend :)

Would love to see one of your photos!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    @Jo7 :D
    Attachment not found.

Also, congratulations on the engagement!
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Love this thread! Especially as I sit in my home office, watching the rain, rain, rain...

My favourite summer memory was getting engaged :heart: :eek: hadn't told you that had I ... hehehe

Also, having my nephew to stay and watching his amazement when we found some baby toads :d

Congratulations Jojo!! :hyper:
    Jo7 wrote: »

Congratulations Jo :heart:

So happy for you both.
    plugitin wrote: »
    @Jo7 :D
    Attachment not found.

Also, congratulations on the engagement!

Thanks guys :)

​And wow, amazing photo @plugitin !
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Congratulations on engagement Jo :)
    At the end of the summer my girlfriend came to visit me at my parents..it was still warm enough to get ice creams on the moor and hang out with the ponies and watch the sun set over the tors.