Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where on my account settings can I block someone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't seem to find where the Ignore option is on my account settings, and would be grateful please from some guidance.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you go on to 'user settings' and then click on 'subscribers' there'll be a small option at the top saying 'go to ignore list' and then if you scroll right down to the very bottom there will be a section called 'ignored users', just type their username in there and it should work :)
    Hiccup wrote: »
    If you go on to 'user settings' and then click on 'subscribers' there'll be a small option at the top saying 'go to ignore list' and then if you scroll right down to the very bottom there will be a section called 'ignored users', just type their username in there and it should work :)

Thank you, I see it.

Will that prevent an ignored user from private messaging me?
    I'm not 100% sure, I think that just means you're unable to see their posts
    Hiccup wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, I think that just means you're unable to see their posts

Thank you for your help. Buthaving gone to my settings and made what was needed AND saved the settings - I am still seeing the posts. I give up. I'll just not read them. :(
    I added someone to my ignore list a short while ago and noticed I could still see said members posts - Jo said there was something wrong that was out of their control and had to be fixed by the people beyond this site. I can't remember her exact words clearly but yeah, it appears to still be an issue but I think they're hoping to sort it at some point. When it does work, I think it means that you can't see their posts and that they can't private message you. But like hiccup, I'm not one hundred percent sure on that.
    I added someone to my ignore list a short while ago and noticed I could still see said members posts - Jo said there was something wrong that was out of their control and had to be fixed by the people beyond this site. I can't remember her exact words clearly but yeah, it appears to still be an issue but I think they're hoping to sort it at some point. When it does work, I think it means that you can't see their posts and that they can't private message you. But like hiccup, I'm not one hundred percent sure on that.

Well, I've since made up with the person concerned, so all's good and happy again. :) vBulletins forums do have their issues and having been an admin of one, I remember how downright bastorial some of the bugs really were. But thank you for your help, its much appreciated.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey guys,

Just so you're aware, the ignore function hasn't been working properly since the upgrade. Unfortunately, as it's a bug in the forum software, there's nothing we can really do about it until the next update. Sorry about that!