Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Friend in critical condition after second suicide attempt

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
My friend went missing really early this morning and she didnt come back from being missing last time, the last time she went missing she made a suicide attempt by overdosing.

She has luckily been found by the police slumped down in the streets quite far from where she lives but she was in a terrible condition and is now in a critical condition in hospital. im glad she has now been found but i am still so worried, i actually feel numb.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    UPDATE: my friend declined rapidly all i can say is heaven has taken another one in this evening.

I so distraught, I DIDNT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN, I DIDNT WANT TO LOSE ANOTHER FRIEND ESPECIALLY TO SUICIDE

- James Arthur (YOU)
    :(

- James Arthur (YOU)

- James Arthur (YOU)

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ((HUGS)) I'm sorry you are going through such trauma. But the best thing to do now is leave it to the police. They have experience, they have the means to contact your friend's parents. I know it's hard on you, but hang in there.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Sending *hug* s jpeople!

I'm here if you want to talk.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Really sorry to hear that your friend didn't pull through jpeople. It must all be incredibly painful right now, especially as it's not the first time you've been through this.

How are you doing today?
    Just woken up, didn't get to sleep till around 4 last night, might just stay in bed all day, I haven't got the energy or the motivation to do anything.

Would just to say thank you for the support.

- James Arthur (YOU)
    im still trying to get over my other friend who i lost back in May so this has made me feel even worse, i have self harmed once today already........all of this just seems to me like a really bad nightmare, cant quite believe it :crying:

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Hi, jpeople111. I'm really sorry to hear that. It must be very hard for you and it's completely normal to feel what you're feeling, especially after what you've been through. It's great that you've told us about it on here. Have you spoken to anyone else about what you're going through? Maybe a close friend or relative?
    the rest of my family know because of facebook but i havent managed to tell them how much it has affected me, i cant quite believe it, i dont really want to believe it too be honest with you and the rest of my family didnt know her that well, its like they expect me to be fine but im seriously not, i am self harming more than i used to and eating less....hoping its just shock plus its the second time this has happened, i feel guilty because i feel i could of stopped it but she never told me

- James Arthur (YOU)
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    i feel guilty because i feel i could of stopped it but she never told me

I don't mean to sound harsh or mean or anything, but you need to get this idea out of your head because it honestly won't help you deal with what's happened and it won't make things easier, it'll eat away at you.
    Yes i feel the same so dont worry, i understand

- James Arthur (YOU)
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    the rest of my family know because of facebook but i havent managed to tell them how much it has affected me, i cant quite believe it, i dont really want to believe it too be honest with you and the rest of my family didnt know her that well, its like they expect me to be fine but im seriously not, i am self harming more than i used to and eating less....hoping its just shock plus its the second time this has happened, i feel guilty because i feel i could of stopped it but she never told me

Its normal to feel guilty, people who go through this sort of situation often feel a variety of emotions including guilt, anxiety, worry etc. Alot of people also find that others don't fully understand what they're going through and people may have a tendency to seem blunt when they don't know how to help. Some of these people suggest that talking to a trusted relative or friend about exactly how you feel can really help as it helps them and you to understand what you're going through.