Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

21 Miles...In one day?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, So I’ve already asked James if I can post this, and he gave me permission. So sorry if someone disagrees or something? Blame James.

As some of you may know, my two year old sister died from meningitis in August last year, It’s been a hard time for us all, and the family has broken down. We weren’t really educated on the signs and symptoms of meningitis, except we’re supposed to look for some rash, We didn’t know that not everyone will actually get a Rash.

Some of you may know I have a condition called Fibromyalgia meaning my body is in agony for the majority of the time. I’m Embarking on a 21 mile walk for MeningitsNow, I know how crazy this is going to be. Its not only going to be raising money for a fantastic cause, but it’s going to be a personal challenge and accomplishment. Bring it on!

https://www.justgiving.com/Emily-Jade/ here is the link to sponser me. To reed more about my story here https://lifeslittlebigthings.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/20th-august-2012/

Comments

• Options
    First of all - good luck.

Can you please also update us on your progress?
  • Options
    I will be doing :D
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Wishing you all the best for the 21 Miles Em :heart:
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Best of luck Emmalee :) !
  • Options
    70% of target raised so far :D
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Good Luck Emmalee! I saw this article a couple of days ago, hopefully it will help inspire you a bit as she has the same condition :)
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    You reached 100% well done!!!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk