Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fathers Day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its no hiding that fathers day is coming up, in fact its in 19 days and the shops are filled with cards and presents, I've lost count of the amount of "Perfect for your dad" present, that its actually hurting, I miss him and the more goes past the more I miss him, i sat in the car yesterday and broke down, I need him back, I can't even put into words, But i know he won't be...but i can't deal with fathers day, The really inconsiderate person at work who moans about her dad...the one who boasts about her dad....

My dads birthday is in July, Just before Mia's birthday, the pain of not having him to ring up when I'm feeling low, I'm trying to keep my mental health stable but its proving impossible right now, I was getting better but right now the pain of missing him is underwritting recovery....

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I sympathise completely. Since dad died 2 years ago I find it really hard but I need to just pull through for the sake of my kids. I wish I could say it gets easier but I'm yet to find that. Just try and find a bit of solace in the fact that you're not alone xxx
  • Options
    Hi Emmalee, we may not know exactly what your going through but we know what it's like to loss someone close to us.

As Tasminjo said, we all deal with grief in different ways because that's how we try and cope the best way possible.

There's no right or wrong way on going about your feelings as everyone should understand that loading a loved on is difficult to cope with. You have to do what is best for you.

When you feel like everyday is hard sometimes having someone there to talk to or to listen to you may not solve all your problems but know there's someone who's been through it themselves.

Please remember that you have us and were not going anywhere.

You always have your memorys x
  • Options
    Hey Emmalee :)

It sucks when you're trying to deal with grief and everything around you seems intent on reminding you of the person you miss so much; it can seem like a cruel joke sometimes and feel all-consuming.

As Tamsinjo says, everyone deals with grief in their own way, so rather than thinking you should be feeling a certain way in order to not jeopardise your mental health stability, have you tried allowing yourself to do whatever feels natural?

Cry if you need to, let it out and release some of that built up grief that can be stiffling. Admit to friends and family that you're having a really tough time and that you need more support than ever. As CrazyCat mentioned, we may not know quite what you're going through but everybody can relate to having lost someone close and will understand somewhat how you're feeling.

And then amongst those times of feeling really low, choose to do whatever it is that you like to do; getting lost in a book, going for a walk or run, watching a comedy DVD etc. You might find that your mind is able to wander and you get some unexpected relief from feeling sad.

In the same way that you would phone your dad when feeling low, I'm sure that your dad would be rooting for you now to feel a bit better. Stay strong Emmalee and remember that you've got all of us behind you too xx