Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Housing Bands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so I have emailed the home move team to appeal my band and they sent me this email back

Dear Sian

If you wish to appeal your banding, you must provide us with evidence as to why you believe you should be in a higher banding. We will accept any supporting documents provided and will then reassess your case.

Kind Regards,

The Homemove Team

Bartholomew House

I was just seeing if anyone had any idea what I need to send then and if anyone had any luck with getting in a higher band if anyone could help that be great
thank you

sianloveronald :)

Comments

• Options
    Hi there and thanks for your post.
    Getting higher banding on any housing register totally depends on the allocation policy of the council or the housing association (depending on which one you are on). So the first thing I would askBartholomew House for is a copy of their allocations policy. Have a read of this and you'll get more of an idea about what they award priority form.
    In terms of what information you need to send them - this depends in why you are saying you should be giving higher priority. If it's a medical issue then you may need medical evidence, for example. Are you able to give us anymore information about what the issue is and then maybe we can explore further ideas with you?
  • Options
    I have done this:
    What I had to do was explain why my current house is unsuitable for my needs and evidence had to provided. In my case, they'd placed me in the lowest band on the basis that I had somewhere to live, even though I had stated on my form that it was unsuitable for me.

They finally (after 2 years) budged after I'd told that my parents house was on a main road and had more steps than I could safely manage. I was then rehoused within 2 weeks.

I had written on at least 2 application forms that the above was the case - I can only manage 2 steps and that my parents house had 6 steps leading to their house, which they had ignored completely. My needs hadn't actually changed.
  • Options
    L1ttleOne wrote: »
    Hi there and thanks for your post.
    Getting higher banding on any housing register totally depends on the allocation policy of the council or the housing association (depending on which one you are on). So the first thing I would askBartholomew House for is a copy of their allocations policy. Have a read of this and you'll get more of an idea about what they award priority form.
    In terms of what information you need to send them - this depends in why you are saying you should be giving higher priority. If it's a medical issue then you may need medical evidence, for example. Are you able to give us anymore information about what the issue is and then maybe we can explore further ideas with you?

I am all ready on the home move list got put in band c so I am appealing it yes I am saying I am as living where u am is making me really ill I am self harming again just rather not be alive anymore :'(
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I have done this:
    What I had to do was explain why my current house is unsuitable for my needs and evidence had to provided. In my case, they'd placed me in the lowest band on the basis that I had somewhere to live, even though I had stated on my form that it was unsuitable for me.

They finally (after 2 years) budged after I'd told that my parents house was on a main road and had more steps than I could safely manage. I was then rehoused within 2 weeks.

I had written on at least 2 application forms that the above was the case - I can only manage 2 steps and that my parents house had 6 steps leading to their house, which they had ignored completely. My needs hadn't actually changed.

I am sorry to hear that and plz do not take this the wrong way but dose help me what so ever if anything makes me lose more hope now :'(