Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dont no :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
don't no if it coz I am new on here but feel like no one really wont to chat to me when I am on the live chat feel like one give a crap when I am on there feel like that with the people I have in my life now thought I could come on here and chat to people but dose not seen that well :'( thinking about coming off this

Comments

• Options
    The thing about live chat is that a lot of the time it tends to be really busy, I'm sure it's nothing personal but maybe just that what you've said has been missed? I assure you though, people in live chat do care. How about starting a thread on here to talk about what's going on and get some support?
  • Options
    If you've never been to a live chat room before, the dynamic and the best ways to engage with the group can take a bit of getting used to. There are usually a few conversations going on at once and sometimes it can feel a bit like you're not being heard. Also, what Hiccup said! We will do our best to support you here. :)
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    The thing about live chat is that a lot of the time it tends to be really busy, I'm sure it's nothing personal but maybe just that what you've said has been missed? I assure you though, people in live chat do care. How about starting a thread on here to talk about what's going on and get some support?

maybe I am very shy person on and off line so might be just me being to shy and quite might need to talk I just feel like no one cares what so ever I have posted a few times on here had a few people talk to me but not a lot like I said maybe its just me I dnt no :/
  • Options
    Petrichor wrote: »
    If you've never been to a live chat room before, the dynamic and the best ways to engage with the group can take a bit of getting used to. There are usually a few conversations going on at once and sometimes it can feel a bit like you're not being heard. Also, what Hiccup said! We will do our best to support you here. :)

yes I have notices there a few chats going in at the same time just a few times I have spoke and no one spoke back :/ like I said before I am a shy person on and off line so maybe need to speak up a little I dnt no :/
  • Options

yes I have notices there a few chats going in at the same time just a few times I have spoke and no one spoke back :/ like I said before I am a shy person on and off line so maybe need to speak up a little I dnt no :/

Sometimes you just have to judge how the room looks and feels while you're there. Like you said, it could be a matter of speaking up a little or repeating things. There are times when I pop in to a live chat session and come out because it doesn't feel like a good night for me to chat about things, and that's absolutely fine. :) It can depend on a lot of things. Just make sure you don't make too many assumptions based on just a couple of experiences. The dynamics change a lot day to day and you might find one day you have a really good experience, but the next a bit tougher. It's also worth noting you're unlikely to get conversation going with everyone there; it's normal to only be engaging with a couple of people at a time. Or maybe even one, depending on what's going on at the time.

Ultimately, don't take a lack of response too personally. Perhaps look at the ways you engage and how things are going in chat at the time. As I said, it can take a bit of getting used to. You certainly are welcome around here, though!
  • Options
    Petrichor wrote: »

Sometimes you just have to judge how the room looks and feels while you're there. Like you said, it could be a matter of speaking up a little or repeating things. There are times when I pop in to a live chat session and come out because it doesn't feel like a good night for me to chat about things, and that's absolutely fine. :) It can depend on a lot of things. Just make sure you don't make too many assumptions based on just a couple of experiences. The dynamics change a lot day to day and you might find one day you have a really good experience, but the next a bit tougher. It's also worth noting you're unlikely to get conversation going with everyone there; it's normal to only be engaging with a couple of people at a time. Or maybe even one, depending on what's going on at the time.

Ultimately, don't take a lack of response too personally. Perhaps look at the ways you engage and how things are going in chat at the time. As I said, it can take a bit of getting used to. You certainly are welcome around here, though!

ok thank you just have a lot going on and have no one I can really talk to about it u have had some good nights on chat and not some great ones maybe it coz I am feeling super low and h8ing being here right now have no where to go no one to turn to :'( just cant cope with anything but thank you I will defo not take it to heart from now on