Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Babysitting Ideas

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
I may be babysitting my neighbours children on Friday from 10-2, however I don't know anything I can do to keep them entertained. The girl is 4 1/2 years and the boy is 13 months. It will be at their house as they have toys, however I want to do something else with them so they don't get bored for 4 hours.

Anybody got any ideas? (thanks :d )

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I may be babysitting my neighbours children on Friday from 10-2, however I don't know anything I can do to keep them entertained. The girl is 4 1/2 years and the boy is 13 months. It will be at their house as they have toys, however I want to do something else with them so they don't get bored for 4 hours.

Anybody got any ideas? (thanks :d )

They're pretty young - I genuinely think they'd just want to play with their toys and would be even better for them to have you play too. You could put a film on at some point. You could take them to the park (assuming you're allowed to leave the house with them). You could do some baking but I doubt the 13 month year old would sit still, although he might do, every child is different no matter how young they are. You could paint or simply colour with them. You don't need to do anything major with them being as young as they are.
  • Options
    They're pretty young - I genuinely think they'd just want to play with their toys and would be even better for them to have you play too. You could put a film on at some point. You could take them to the park (assuming you're allowed to leave the house with them). You could do some baking but I doubt the 13 month year old would sit still, although he might do, every child is different no matter how young they are. You could paint or simply colour with them. You don't need to do anything major with them being as young as they are.
    Ok thanks for the ideas butterfly :)
    The 4 yr old loves playing hide and seek with me and if I don't play it with her she will cry, even if I say I have to watch her brother.
    I guess I could try with the films as I know she loves frozen.
    Thanks again :)
  • Options
    I do stuff with stickers with MrRiot's little one, drawing - that can involve the tiny too, reading stories, build a den, getting the 4 yr old to make up stories with you, you could get some junk together and make a robot or something like that. 4 hours isn't long at all!
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I do stuff with stickers with MrRiot's little one, drawing - that can involve the tiny too, reading stories, build a den, getting the 4 yr old to make up stories with you, you could get some junk together and make a robot or something like that. 4 hours isn't long at all!

I know the 4 yr old loves writing at the moment so I could get them both to do something with paper. oooh I like the robot idea :d yeah it's not but it'll be my first time watching them both by myself.
    meggles wrote: »
    ask if they can get messy, if so, get some finger painting out young children really love to make a mess with finger paints! its great fun as long as you dont mind the clean up after :P

Yeah I'll ask her if they're aloud to have paint and be messy with it. It's fun as long as they don't make too much mess for me haha :)

Thanks for the ideas again :D
  • Options
    like..half an hour of that will be lunchtime anyway probably