Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Plan The Week

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are your plans for the week? Share everything you are going to do this week, that will make it a more wonderful week.

Comments

• Options
    I've just spent the afternoon doing a mix of music theory and trying to help teach some blind friends the ukulele. It was, um, interesting to say the least.

No ukulele club for me this week.

Bowls on Friday.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I've just spent the afternoon doing a mix of music theory and trying to help teach some blind friends the ukulele. It was, um, interesting to say the least.

No ukulele club for me this week.

Bowls on Friday.

You could set up your own club where yoou teach blind people to play the ukulele.

That sounds very random but interesting. How did you explain it to them and make sure they wre playing the right notes?
  • Options
    WayneS wrote: »
    You could set up your own club where yoou teach blind people to play the ukulele.

That sounds very random but interesting. How did you explain it to them and make sure they wre playing the right notes?

That's where it gets fun! :p For example, to play a C, you tell them to play 0003. A lot of it is learning to play by ear. We also discovered that the guy helping, had in fact recorded on casette instructions how to play for the bowls club that we attend.

I got a telling off at one point.:blush: When I fi started, there was a chord I always got wrong and mentioned how it was one I always found quite difficult as a beginner.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    That's where it gets fun! :p For example, to play a C, you tell them to play 0003. A lot of it is learning to play by ear. We also discovered that the guy helping, had in fact recorded on casette instructions how to play for the bowls club that we attend.

I got a telling off at one point.:blush: When I fi started, there was a chord I always got wrong and mentioned how it was one I always found quite difficult as a beginner.

You're making me want a ukulele lessonn from you.

That guy who did the instructions for the bowling club sounds like he may be almost as tallented s you.
  • Options
    WayneS wrote: »
    You're making me want a ukulele lessonn from you.

That guy who did the instructions for the bowling club sounds like he may be almost as tallented s you.

:blush: He is indeed very talented.