Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Things you thought were true when you were little

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I'm sure this has been done before, but it's always amusing, so let's have it again!

Mine is that I thought every child learnt English first, then when they'd finished that the French learnt French, and the Germans learnt German etc etc, and I thought we were really lucky because we didn't have to learn another language after!

What did everyone else believe as a child?:pancake flip:

(there is no need for a pancake, I just like pancakes)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That female dogs having nipples meant they were pregnant...
    That the carpet was the only thing stopping me from falling through the floor, I didn't realise floorboards were a thing
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    When I was younger I was in the car with my mum and my auntie, and we went past a crane, I knew it was called that but I mis-heard my mum call it a crayon... for about a year or two I called it a crayon....
    I also thought that Mince pies had beef in..
    I thought that babies came out of your belly button...
    Also AmazingPhil has done 3 videos on Things I thought were true that are not true :D
    You'd get square eyes if you got too close to the TV for too long.
    A man lived on the moon.
    Your facial expression would stay however you had it if the wind suddenly changed.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    When there was an eclipse, everyone was don't look at the sky directly, you'll go blind. So I spent the entire time with my hands over my eyes because I didn't want to go blind. Turns out they meant not looking directly at the sun for long periods of time!
    If I told a lie my tongue would turn black
    The reason I have red hair is because I eat strawberries.

I believed this until i ate so many blueberries in one week in aid to get blue hair, and it never happened :(
    That the world used to be in black and white - based on old films and photos

And that the reason we had curtains was so that we wouldnt see the witches, ghosts and vampires flying around at night and get scared
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    If you ate apple seeds, an apple tree would grow inside of you :heart: xD
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    If you ate your crusts you'd get curly hair.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Mum used to yell when we looked in the mirror at night, we grew up believing that looking in the mirror was bad luck.

Also hanging your cloths out at night was unlucky.